1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sourdough vs. BBQ: Super Bowl LIV thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 19, 2020.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Feels like six years ago. High-powered offense (Broncos) against a stout defense (Seahawks).

43-8.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm just relieved the Clay Travises of Nashville are eliminated. Perpetually irrelevant franchise in a division full of them.

Tweener likes this.
  3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

LOL!

4. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Two coaches that have been openly questioned about their ability to manage games in the second half, this could be VERY entertaining. I could both teams blowing double-digit leads in the final 25 minutes.

5. Craig Sagers Tailor

Craig Sagers Tailor Active Member

You know 28-3 is gonna be on Shanahan's mind if the 49ers have the lead in the 2nd half.

Although they're so good at running the ball, they're probably fine as long as they do that.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The keys to the Falcons' collapse after 28-3 was that both their offensive and defensive lines were hopelessly gassed by the late third quarter. So they couldn't run, protect Ryan, nor get any pressure on Brady. I'm sure Shanahan has plans to keep that from happening this time, but chasing Mahomes around is gonna be tiring no matter what.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    4th quarter play calling and clock management

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Seems to me Daffy's brains would've been splattered there.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Here are the winner's scores in the games the Chiefs have lost the last two seasons:

Don't think the Chiefs lost any of them by more than seven points.

So the way to beat the Chiefs is to run with them and outscore them.

Now, the 49ers have scored plenty of points. They actually outscored the Chiefs by 28 this season. They won that crazy shootout in New Orleans. So they are perfectly capable of winning a shootout. That's why I am dismissing all the talk of SF can hold KC down and win a low-scoring game. Maybe they can, but they are more likely to win a shootout.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Beware The Breida.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

From the sports book director at the South Point in Vegas last night. I like to go contrarian with unders (worked out OK in the SB last year), so we'll see how high this gets right before kickoff.

Draft saved Draft deleted