1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-2020 NHL season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Jun 16, 2019.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Anderson has been great for the Leafs.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Capitals had Ryan Zimmerman in goal this morning.

Hmm.

No he wasn’t, well, maybe he was first off the ice.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I haven't watched enough of them to really have a feel.

4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

37E899B8-A98D-4482-8030-0736E7906D0D.jpeg

ChrisLong and Liut like this.
  5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'll update with video when I see it, but y'all need to see the Tom Wilson pass on Ovechkin's hat trick goal tonight. Backhand cross-ice pass through a defenseman's legs to a wide-open Ovechkin in front of the net. Sick, sick, sick.

EDIT: Here's the vid

6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Boston has placed David Backes on waivers. What a dumb deal that turned out to be. I thought it at the time, still do today.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Unreal game on Long Island.

Isles lead the Caps 4-1 after two. Holtby is pulled again. Caps then score five goals (one empty netter) to win 6-4. Samsonov makes a few clutch saves. Ovechkin scores a silly sick goal to cut it to 4-3 and ends up with his second straight hatty (and eight goals this week). I think it's official now, Braden Holtby is a backup goalie. Oh, and Ovi passes Lemieux for 10th on the all-time goals list.

Hell of a way to go into the break.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I know it's blasphemy but I think he's going to challenge the Great One's goal record

OscarMadison and BurnsWhenIPee like this.
  9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Looking through the Twitterz, I found Washington +400 to win when down 4-1 at the start of the third. That doesn't sound nearly high enough, especially on the road against a good team, but there must be an Ovechkin effect with oddsmakers.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

They’ve had three ridiculous comebacks this year, including winning when down 4-2 with a minute left against San Jose. Were down big in Vancouver and won too. They double shifted Ovechkin in the third because they really wanted to prove a point. I’m enjoying every second of this.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Not at all. He’s the best goal scorer of all time and the Russian chemists will slow the aging process.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Ovechkin, a very very great player, needs 205 goals to catch Gretzky. Not happening.

Draft saved Draft deleted