1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports subjects you are just plain tired of

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jan 16, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Daytona 500. The biggest event of the year is the season-opener.
    NFL combine and draft.

maumann likes this.
  2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Usually a terribly boring race, won by sheer random luck, usually a journeyman driver who survives 14 green-white-checkers. My favorite was the Ryan Newman-Matt Kenseth-Jamie McMurray-Trevor Bayne stretch.

FileNotFound likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I hate X magazine putting an adolescent on the cover of its magazine, hyping him as the "best ever" - then spending three or four pages arguing that its "too soon" to be hyping the kid - though he could be better than LeBron. You would think SI would devote a WATN to some of their can't miss prodigies.

4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Mock drafts before the season is over and nobody knows the draft order
    Way too early top 25s the day after college football and hoop seasons end
    When I took the buyout, my last day was the Friday before the first National Signing Day in December
    This year, it was so nice to not give a shit about National Signing Day

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

While we’re at it, green-white checkers. The race is supposed to be 500 miles. It shouldn't go to overtime just because a crash near the end creates a sucky yellow flag ending.

If the Yankees go up 10-2 on the Orioles, the game doesn't get to go to 20 innings with the O’s getting extra outs just to make the game close.

maumann likes this.
  6. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Should they rest the starters before the post season? That one pretty much got me to stop listening to sports talk radio.

poindexter likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Quarterback ratings as the be all, end all - unless the person spouting them can explain how they work in 15 words or less.

8. Craig Sagers Tailor

Craig Sagers Tailor Active Member

Somebody asked this once when a local kid signed with the big state school to pitch. His response was 'baseball.'

His coach: 'Please don't put that in the paper.'

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

All-star snubs.
    So stupid, and nobody cares or remembers two days later. Hell, nobody remembers who even played in the game a week later, let alone who got snubbed for it. Yet an entire day is wasted bitching about who didn't get picked as if it's some sort of deep personal insult.

Chef2 likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Asked the question of a two-time state high jump champ about what he'd be studying at UCLA and he said "Kniesology, but I'm really getting ready for the Olympics."

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Pre season football.

Nothing positive happens in these games, only players getting hurt.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

97.1 % of what ESPN has now become.

Draft saved Draft deleted