1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gear Heads......ASSEMBLE!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2020 is on.
    I love this auction.
    I've already told my wife that one time, were going there, and I'm buying a car.

FileNotFound likes this.
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

God Almighty.
    55 Chevrolet Handyman on the block right now with a Viper V-10 engine.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I went to the one in Connecticut last year and it was outstanding. Quite a collection of automobiles, and the surrounding car show sponsored by the American car makers was outstanding. The NASCAR simulator was a lot of fun, especially for my 7-year-old.

We didn't bid on anything last year because we didn't quite understand the scope and process of how to do it, but I've since learned about it. We'll probably go back next year and try to land one.

I've been receiving the emails for this one for a few months now, each one featuring a few of the cars that will be up for auction, and it's going to be insane. So many beautiful cars.

I'm glad you posted this thread. I just tuned in on Motor Trend.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

"Super Saturday" is one of the craziest things you'll ever see. That's when the highest priced cars go, some getting into the millions.
    They're doing a charity car for a 2020 Corvette this year, with VIN Number 001 on Saturday night.
    What they just did with the CJ is so cool.
    Charity Jeep auctioned off.
    Winning bid of $200,000.
    Lady that got it said to run it again, meaning she's selling the car that she just bought 10 seconds before and donating what she just paid for the car to the charity.
    Gets auctioned off again, goes for $175,000.
    Winning bidder runs it again, goes for $50,000.
    $425,000 to Make A Wish.
    Very cool.

bigpern23 likes this.
  5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

That’s wealth.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Best definition of wealth I can remember:

"Shaq is rich. The guy who signs his paycheck, he's wealthy."

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

You can screw up rich.
    You can't screw up wealth.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

It occurred to me last night that I watch every minute of the Scottsdale event I can. I maybe, maybe, watch five minutes of the other ones.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Remember us talking about the charity cars yesterday......they auctioned a 2021 Lexus convertible tonight.....vin 0001.....$2,000,000

bigpern23 likes this.
  10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I was watching when it rolled onto the block, but my kid came out of bed as the bidding began, and I took him back to his room put him to sleep. Didn't bother to rewind, so I missed all of that. Thanks for posting!

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Was actually discussing this with my buddy who’s a high end divorce lawyer last night and he said most wealth is lost within a couple of generations because after a couple the people don’t take care of it and just piss it all away.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

A lot of times this is what you get with a first model:
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted