1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Here's a look at our latest subscriber push

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by flexmaster33, Jan 9, 2020.

1. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

We are pushing our readership to view us as a news outlet, embracing our online presence, social media role and the print product.

Attached Files:

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

My first paper was in my hometown and was The Evening Outlook. When it eventually went to mornings, it was just The Outlook. I was laid off in '95 (after 25 years), the paper folded in '98. The replacement digital version is The Lookout.

3. MeanGreenATO

MeanGreenATO Well-Known Member

Here's a scorching take, one that's not intended to rip you at all, flex. The best way for any outlet to push for subscribers is by producing must-read content: Massive breaking news, big enterprise, etc. And if it isn't something that is worth reading on a regular basis, it's up to the editors to ask why.

But I like the aggressive marketing. It has to be done in today's climate.

Liut likes this.
  4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Both are absolute requirements. Awesome content means nothing if nobody knows it’s there. It looks like @flexmaster33 ’s org at least understands that part.

MeanGreenATO likes this.
  5. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Almost missed Mr. Wong's mugshot there. Because the page looked a bit pale.

6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Agreed with all this, especially big enterprise. My problem is finding the time to invest in such endeavors ... i.e. being pulled in several directions.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

In today’s climate, it can be something that’s worth reading and yet still fail to acquire an audience.

Draft saved Draft deleted