1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadspin editor quits, blasts G/O management

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Regan MacNeil, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

A lot of the big names have already latched on elsewhere. In a few months, your proposal would only apply to the useless Deadspin writers, like Billy Haisley.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Yeah, they've maybe latched on elsewhere, but how many are writing the same free-wheeling crap they were before? And none are writing for the same size audience.

And then there's this....

BarryP.PNG

What is Achewood? Only a guy with his head so far up his own ass would A) Know, B) Re-read it while unemployed.

EDIT: Apparently it's a defunct web comic? Oh, well, missed that one.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  3. Equalizer

Equalizer Member

Just think of how many sports stories recently would have been ideological hanging curveballs for those Deadspin writers had they stayed.

CD Boogie likes this.
  4. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ these people are comically self-unaware. Why would you willingly broadcast this shit to the world. “I got fired so now I sit on my ass all day reading comic books instead of looking for jobs.”

Dog8Cats likes this.
  5. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Would've been funnier if he lampooned Deadspin's catalog for VICE.

7. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I read the haters’ guide for the first time this year. Was that about par for the course, or was this an unusually underwhelming edition? Lord knows the guy has enough going on that he may be a bit distracted.

I rolled my eyes at the lazy McKinsey reference, for example. Seems like social media has devalued this kind of comedy. I can open up Twitter any time to get a running stream of jokes and pop culture references on classism, wealth and privilege.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Putting the dead in Deadspin:

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Which employees are even left at Deadspin?

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Plenty of good stuff in the comments. I was partial to this one:

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Wait. *What* are they moving to Chicago?

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

That letter is bizarrely sophomoric, but I bet it's not nearly as bad as the Iran briefing to members of Congress.

Screwball likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted