1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Now, for the important vote. Should I watch NXT, AEW, or IMFT (Impeach Mother Fucker Trump)?

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

If you listen to WWE, watch "Masked Singer" as it competes directly with NXT.

3. nietsroob17

And NXT slays again in match quality, especially that women's championship match.

Looking at what she's become, amazing to think this is what Rhea Ripley started at.

4. Baron Scicluna

I missed most of the men’s match because I was watching the impeachment. The women’s match was great, though.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Rather interesting that wrestling twitter seems to be all over aew today after our discussion earlier in the week.

They’ve got a week off to recalibrate, at least

6. nietsroob17

If there's any prayer answered, they'll find the duo who sang Macho Man and Elizabeth's marriage song and bring them in for this debacle.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Man, I realize I haven't been on here in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Hope everyone is well!

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

When people question how far we've truly come as a society in the last 50 years, this should be Exhibit A.
    The WWE is running an angle featuring an interracial marriage and it's getting booed on its own shitty merits, and not because of its racial overtones. Maybe they can stretch this out another couple of weeks until MLK Day. I think he'd appreciate that message.

9. Baron Scicluna

Apparently, Lana said she has received some death threats from racists who are upset over her “relationship” with Lashley.

Cue the “It’s Still Real to Me, Dammit,” guy.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Batman likes this.
  11. nietsroob17

The peripheral vision in those masks is a bitch.

Batman likes this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Still, this is an angle that in a lot of places would have resulted in riots 40 or 50 years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted