1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Site is back up

Discussion in 'SJ Site News & Suggestions' started by Jeff, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

Sorry for the downtime, the site crashed.

I am still investigating what caused the crash. It appears the database, but I'm not sure yet.

I also just got a bunch of notifications about the search function not working, my apologies, I'll fix that too.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Thank you very much!

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Why are you thanking him? I thought you broke it so no one could search for Ragu's old posts, or so the story goes?

4. Jeff

Looks like the fix that got the site up and running again also fixed the search function, although that may be temporary, I'm not sure.

There's a new version of the search program, and I will likely have time during vacation over Christmas/New Year's break to upgrade it and also complete a bunch of other needed maintenance.

In the meantime, enjoy the working search function.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Thank you, I was starting to get the shakes.

OscarMadison and Vombatus like this.
  6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

It was the end of times.

7. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

The day off was nice, not even gonna lie.

8. Jeff

Afraid the database continues to sporadically run out of memory and crash. Given that it ran for two years with no issues, and its memory-capped, that indicates something else is sucking up memory at random times. I haven't yet been able to identify it, but I've also been pretty focused on my day job and family commitments. Over Christmas I'll have a few days off work and I'm planning (aka told my wife not to overcommit me) to spend some time digging into it more then.

Vombatus likes this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

10. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

It was a nice break, tbh.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Thank you, my head hadn't begun to tingle like that since I dropped shrooms in 93.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Which head?

Vombatus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted