1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anyone else into the BBC show Line of Duty? It's on Hulu, each season focuses on one police official under suspicion by the internal affairs. It's so well plotted. A rare show that you both like and hate many of the characters.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Love that show!

3. DanOregon

Kennedy Center Honors last night was great as always (though it still blows my mind LL Cool J was honored previously - not even the most accomplished rapper turned actor) - one of the voice overs said and coming up we TRIBUTE Sally Field. Surprised the VO artist - who seems to do everything now - didn't catch it.

I wish Garth Brooks stayed retired and Trisha Yearwood still sang instead of doing cooking shows.

And then you follow John Legend and Ne-yo to close the Earth Wind and Fire tribute with the Jonas Brothers? Whaa? Their voices barely covered the background singers. Thankfully - Legend sang the final number of "September." As Prince said - always a good idea to close a set with September.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  4. DanOregon

Catching the fifth season on Acorn - they're doing a free week on Xfinity.

HC likes this.
  5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Just finished the Watchmen finale ... that show was so, so very good.

6. DanOregon

I really can't believe the show creator said he envisioned it as a one and done and had no plans for a season 2. Reading the reviews I figured I'd let it play out for a couple of seasons before I dove in.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I rolled through it in about two weeks. It's gripping, emotional, smart, thought provoking. The storytelling, camera work and music are incredible. I did not expect to like it this much.

8. DanOregon

9. zufer

zufer Active Member

Loved when they went retro a while back (can't believe that was 11 years ago)

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The HBO documentary on Belichick and Saban is well done. Then again, what NFL Films project isn't.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it, too. There are certainly places to go with the story, but I have no problem if they end it right there.

12. DanOregon

Fx's A Christmas Carol is not for kids - Scrooge even drops an f-bomb in the first 20 minutes. Pretty dark overall. But if you like Stephen Knight's other work (Peeky Blinders or Taboo) - you'll dig it.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted