1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15- A Starr shines bright

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 9, 2019.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't whine at all.
    I just call you guys idiots for complaining about Tomlin. Boneheads. Morons.
    Jesus Fucking Christ, you guys have had three coaches in fifty years. All three have won super bowls.

You have no clue how good you have it compared to the rest of the 30 teams (New England excluded).

JC likes this.
  2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Tomlin has never had a losing season and yet he's only 8-7 in the playoffs. That's not a great track record. You'd be the moron to argue otherwise.

To discuss a coach's faults -- and his strengths -- is only the province of fans whose teams suck? That's truly idiotic.

The only thing worse than the fans of teams who win all the time and gloat are the fans whose teams never win and bitch about other teams and their fans -- like you're doing.

I can predict that if your team ever has success you'll be that worst kind of gloating fan. Guaran-fucking-teed.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

R-A-M-S RAMS RAMS RAMS.
    So there ....

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

When you keep droning on about the topic not being what you want, it is whining.

I know exactly how good I have it as a Steelers fan. That doesn't mean I can't criticize the team. Last season was a disaster. The team was an undisciplined mess, wasting opportunity after opportunity and finally missing the playoffs. As much as Tomlin deserves praise for this season, he deserved criticism for 2018.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Calling someone a retard is a black cultural thing.

Giants' Jenkins: Using the R-word a 'hood thing'

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- New York Giants cornerback Janoris Jenkinsexplained his use of an inappropriate word while tweeting at a fan Wednesday, saying it was "slang" that is "just part of my culture."

Jenkins was responding to a critical fan, taking exception when asked why the stats Jenkins was using to showcase his effectiveness weren't contributing to any victories.
    "I can only do my job.. retard," Jenkins tweeted.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Man - how many times do you see a network blow through the 2 min. warning?. Joe needs to make his plane.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You do realize that black quarterbacks have won division championships before, right? Including the guy backing up Lamar Jackson?
    Hell, three others might do it this year too. The NFL is going to have to up its racist conspiracy game.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

NBC has done it a couple of times if the game is running long and it's a blowout. I think they did it the other night, matter of fact.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A quick gambling tangent.
    I went down to the local sports book today and was thinking of placing a bet on Joe Burrow to win the Heisman. Figured even if the odds are total crap it might be an easy way to make at least a couple of bucks. Found out from talking to the manager that in Mississippi they've taken off the board any bet that involves a subjective vote like the Heisman or MVP awards. They're only allowed to offer prop and futures bets on things with a definitive results-based outcome now.
    So for example when the Super Bowl comes, you can put a prop bet on whether Tom Brady will throw for 300 yards, but not if he'll win the MVP. It happened some time in the fall, so if you did put down a futures bet way back when they'll honor it. They just can't do it moving forward.
    Anybody else seen this in their states? Not sure if it's a state by state thing or an industry policy as more states legalize sports betting.
    The Super Bowl MVP was a fun prop bet to spread some money around on. It's going to suck now that it's gone.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Probably a good call - I've known more than a few in sportsjournalism who have used inside info to help with their gambling. Many still brag about it.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You drunk?

poindexter and Batman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted