1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brexit or how I'll make a killing in forex

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JohnHammond, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The best book I have ever read on the CIA is like almost 40 years old, "The Man Who Kept the Secrets," a biography of Richard Helms, director of the agency under Johnson and Nixon. It posited that the CIA's biggest flaw was that all analysis is based on observations of prior behavior, meaning when an individual or nation's behavior changed suddenly (the very changes most important to forecast accurately) the process of analysis and forecasting breaks down completely.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

3. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Can you have a Mexican standoff when one side (the EU) has clearly gone far past the point of caring at all?

Get set for the exciting answer over the next three months!

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The EU will be out to put up the checkpoints along the Irish border on D-Day without fail, even though the Irish will be begging them not to. And I can’t blame the EU. The Brits brought this on themselves and the biggest collateral damage is going to the Irish economy and the Irish peace regime.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Is Ireland part of the Schengen agreement? If you have to go through customs crossing from France to England, and you can cross the intra-Irish border freely at the same time, I am thinking very little will change.

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Ireland, like the UK, is not part of the Schengen Area.
    Schengen Area - Migration and Home Affairs - European Commission

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is Great Britain doing the "OK - I'm really going, I'm never coming back, you'll never see me again!" thing to try and get the EU to beg them to come back - and GB will say," well, okay - we'll do it for the sake of Europe and Western democracy."

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

To the contrary, the best thing Johnson has going for him is that the EU has reached the "so fucking leave already" stage of the relationship.

wicked likes this.
  10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

11. This is a case of folks seeking power in elections (Pro-Brexiters) actually getting what they want and realizing that what they got, and if they go through with it, will be a disaster for their country and its economy.
    They are stuck.
    They can't crawfish on what they promised and they can't deliver on it either.

And this has been dragging on for how many years now?

I have to give Boris credit for getting a deal with the EU, only to see the MPs block it.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If the exit polling stands - I'm thinking it might be finally time for Jeremy Corbyn to retire.

Draft saved Draft deleted