1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best ledes

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Songbird, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

One of my personal faves ...

The Tech men's basketball team made two points in the first quarter Tuesday night at State. The first was on a free throw by Johnny Smith. The second was the Techies were not going to beat the Statesmen.

2. Dog8Cats

Dog8Cats Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say the 1966 lead was a "light moment" at all. I imagine - barely 20 years after World War II ended - that the sentiment was gravely serious.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Jim Murray in September 1963, when the Cards were cutting into the Dodgers' lead. "Before the season began, I wrote the Dodgers had to players to burn. If they blow this, it'll be too good for 'em."

4. JM22720

JM22720 New Member

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

A sentence in the story, wrapping up a paragraph: "Leafless, branchless, barkless, they are reduced to their trunks and worn to a smooth silver-gray, as if they had always carried their own tombstones inside them."

That's writing.

RonClements and maumann like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's a fabulous article. It was when I first read it, and it remains so.

Severian likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Bronco77 likes this.
  8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Woody Plaige, in January 1997 after the Broncos gagged at home in the divisional round against the Jaguars.

What do the Pope, Billy Graham and the 1996 Broncos have in common?

They got 76,000 people at Mile High Stadium to stand up and shout, "Jesus Christ!"

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Nice waste of police resources. Go after the child molesters instead, not the repressed homosexuals who hide behind the cloth. Policing prostitution is just pointless and stupid IMHO.

Still, a very meaty lede.

11. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Not, it's not. Sex trafficking is a huge problem.

Watch this if you get a chance: Sex Trafficking in America

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I wasn't giving it the consideration it deserves in how it contributes to sex trafficking.

Draft saved Draft deleted