1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They aren't aggressively annoying like the Allstate dickhead. And that frigging word. Mayham.

And I liked him on 30 Rock.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And Law and Order - btw, an actor in a hated TV ad being murdered and Logan and Briscoe wondering if it was a crazed fan who did it would have been a great Law and Order episode.

Briscoe: "Should have bought the wife some jewelry..." (and go to title open).

OscarMadison and Batman like this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

IIRC, they did something with a stalker fan who attacked a soap opera star; a Bartman riff with a hated fan getting killed in a bar; and a star baseball player whose father was killed over a gambling debt, but "crazed fan" was one of the initial theories.

5. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Jesus, that's brilliant.

Wenders and ChrisLong like this.
  7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

Not a TV spot, but a radio spot with Pat Mahomes pitching a jewelry store with all the sports cliches you normally hear in spots like these - you'll be a winner, make her feel like your MVP etc. What caught me was the tag line saying you can get a free Xbox if you spend more than $1100. I'm sure it's a real classy joint targeting the sophisticated buyer.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If you're an Antenna TV rerun nerd like I am, you've seen the Life Alert commercials that are straight up fear mongering.

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I am impressed by your Law & Order knowledge. I miss repeats being on TV at every hour.

Batman likes this.
  11. DanOregon

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Another from the radio division is the national spot for "Big Lou" insurance that starts with the announcer saying, "Do you have three ex-wives and your current trophy wife wants a life insurance policy twice as big as your previous mistakes?"
    Who are they marketing this to?

Draft saved Draft deleted