1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And now the rest of the story. Stock down 10 percent.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

People are getting fired over this.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Page 329 will henceforth known as the "Peleton Page."
    Several dandies on this page.
    Well done all.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

So tonight, I saw a new version of the Peloton ad. The exact same ad, but with a lot of the creepy parts out. It's like "Day 1, let's do this!" and cuts out the part about her feeling nervous, and also everything at the end where they watch her journey.

Can't decide if they made a shorter 15-second spot in advance or if they cut one up real quick based on the Twitter backlash.

Also I found out today that a Peloton is $2000 PLUS a $39/month subscription fee for the class videos. I will continue going to Planet Fitness and twitching about how they misspell judgment everywhere.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I love everything about my Peloton.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the story about the wife who tells her husband that on Christmas Day she expects to see on the driveway something that goes from 0 to 200 in 3 seconds. Christmas morning she goes out and finds a bathroom scale.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

There's a jewelry commercial in which Santa makes it home after delivering the presents. He has a jewelry box for Mrs. Claus.
    Santa looks like Sam Elliott and Mrs. Claus has a pretty decent MILF look to her.
    They don't look like that!!

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Also, that sunset heart hands bitch is back, so fuck everything.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I hadn't given much thought to the Peloton ads until I came across this awesome Twitter thread about the original ads:

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Mrs. W pointed out that the Peleton woman is not wearing an engagement or wedding ring. Is the kid hers? Is she trapped and forced to raise the girl after the husband killed his wife?

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I'm gonna say it: He's much better looking than her skeletal ass and goofy face.

Draft saved Draft deleted