1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

People who can see but are still fucking blind. Keanu Reeves has a new girlfriend, who I'm sure is perfectly lovely and all. But gorgeous? That's what the headline says.

Keanu Reeves' Gorgeous Girlfriend, Alexandra Grant is More Than What the Eye Meets! Let's Find Out

I don't meant this as a cut on her. I think it's just disingenuous. Like if you told this woman she was "gorgeous," I'd imagine she'd think you were messing with her.

upload_2019-11-14_16-36-33.png

Tweener likes this.
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Hell, I thought that was his mom.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

We found him.

4. CD Boogie

Your hate for all things Barstool burns unquenched.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It's in the eye of the beholder. My wife has way lower standards than my son or I. She will tell us a woman is "beautiful" or "gorgeous" who we find to be anywhere from cute to attractive to just OK.

CD Boogie likes this.
  6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Barstool makes me miss Deadspin.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

RSW

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Duh.
    RSW plow this ladies mother at the Garden Grove Nursing Home.
    Then walk out of the joint just strutting like a banty rooster, smoking a Pall Mall that he swiped out of the old ladies purse as he was thumbing through it looking for cab fare.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

"THEY WANT YOU TO SAY GRACE!"
    "grace......she died 30 years ago!"
    "THE BLESSING!"

10. CD Boogie

Buying a new car.

I've had my 2004 Honda Pilot for 15 years. It's been a great car, reliable, was never in an accident, but lately the problems with it have been cascading; so I bought a new Honda CR-V, which is basically the same size as my old Pilot. Anyway, I spent three and a half hours last Saturday afternoon doing the whole shebang, including text driving various makes and models, settling on the car I wanted, haggling with the dealer, debating whether to buy or lease (I decided to lease bc I basically only use the car to drive to the train station and back) and then got my financing squared away. They gave me $3,000 on the trade in of my 2004 Pilot, which was pretty good.

Yesterday I called Progressive to change my insurance, which will now actually go down. And then I asked the agent to fax my new binder and my proof of insurance to Honda Financing so they could clear the car. What'd she do? She faxed the binder and proof for my 2004 Pilot. Sigh. So I had to call Progressive back today, got stuck in the voice-recognition cycle -- ya know, where you're wanting to scream "Let me talk to a fucking agent!" while banging the O button on your phone -- and ask them to resend it. They did, so that box was checked off.

Then the dealer calls me and says I have to pay my full tax bill to my town that still remained on my 2004 Honda Pilot before he can release the car. Why he didn't mention this Saturday I will never know. I mean, he buys and sells cars every damn day, so he should have a checklist of shit. This is the first car I've bought since George W. Bush was in his first term; these things come with backup cameras now and shit.

So, I went online just a little while ago and paid my bill, got the receipt, emailed it to the Honda guy, and can now pick my new car up at 6 p.m. tonight. Here's hoping there's no more hitches.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

3:1 says you'll have another hassle.

Vombatus likes this.
  12. CD Boogie

Oh, like getting sent to the DMV? Misery loves company :)

Chef2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted