1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today in cops gone feral

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 1, 2017.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That sounds like a police department fuck up
    Its why a lot of black people don't call the cops
    911 Operator Informs Black Caller That Death Is On The Way
    LITTLE ROCK, AR—Reassuring the man that he would receive an immediate response to his emergency, a 911 operator reportedly informed local black caller Jerry Wardell Tuesday that death was on the way. “Thank you for calling 911, please sit tight and don’t worry, first responders will be there to end your life shortly,” said the 911 operator after confirming what Wardell looked like, as well as the identities of others present at the emergency situation, in order to arrange for sufficient agents of death to ensure the expiration of every black life present. “We’ve already dispatched several liquidators into the field, so just remain calm and you should be dead within 10 minutes. If you stay on the line, I’ll be able to talk you through your last breaths and make sure that we’re able to bring you and your loved ones a swift termination.” At press time, the 911 operator was advising the frantic black caller to move to a location where the responding officers would be able to clearly shoot him.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Oh, I follow you. But you're leaving out lots of equally important steps. Like, what if there were no police? Like, what if she had decided to shoot crack instead of play videogames? Like what if....

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Like what if I could follow what the hell you're saying...

The steps I mentioned actually happened.

The cop was charged with murder and rightfully so. I didn't say he didn't deserve to be charged. But I thought a board full of relatively intelligent people could discuss the nuances of the case. As one person noted, black people are afraid to call the police because of instances like this. Now they're gonna be afraid to make welfare check calls because someone might tell patrol they're walking into a potential burglary.

It's a tragedy all around, second-guessing on so many levels by so many participants. That neighbor is in a living hell right now.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The cop was fired/quit within 2 days. Charged with murder.
    We've all read this board. Cops get away with everything, including literally murder. For the above to happen, there has to be a calamitous fuckup on the part of the cop.

5. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

What happened is a fucking dumb ass cop didn't do his job as instructed and now, if there's any hope in this world, he can sit in a cell for 20 years and recall all the mistakes he made.

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Swear to god, it looked at one point like the cop has his hand on his holstered pistol.

There’s got to be some sort of minimum standard for personality issues, illogical thinking and poor conflict resolution skills for cops, right? Right? If so, this dumbass would seem to fail across the board.

8. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

12. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted