1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Girthers.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Trump’s view of politics in a microcosm— someone tells him vaping is bad, so he decides to ban it without issues much of a detailed plan or going through any sort of review or channels. Next person tells him not to do it, so he quickly goes back on the ban. Step 3 will be to blame the democrats.

Jesus_Muscatel and garrow like this.
  4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Despite a pressing desire to see this POS POTUS tossed from office, this impeachment effort seems DOA. I've read that 70 percent of people think Trump did something wrong on the Ukraine matter, and yet it's just not gaining traction among the masses. I've been out with innumerable friends lately and no one is talking about it. There's just not that gotcha element to it, at least not yet. And whose testimony are we awaiting with bated breath? This seems like a political disaster for the Democrats. Granted, they have plenty of ammo on him, but not the kind that's going to make it practical politically for many Republicans to cross the aisle.

He will get impeached by the House and acquitted by the Senate like five minutes after.

I'm not saying it's a waste of time, because his innumerable transgressions should be brought to light. But they need to have a lot more than what we've heard so far for the general public to give a shit.

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

If they had the pee tape it would still be DOA because of partisan politics.
    The only way this mess gets better when the whole thing gets burned down and start again, I'm afraid.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

All public polling shows your friends are not "the masses." Two polls published today ABC/Ipsos and Huff Post, have impeachment and removal favored by 51 percent of respondents or a 45-42 plurality in favor respectively after
    TWO DAYS of public hearings.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Step 4: It’s the media’s fault for reporting on the terrible health effects of vaping because they hate vapers’ freedom to destroy their own lungs.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

If you polled my friends, probably 80 percent would vote for impeachment, but not necessarily on the Ukraine thing. They just want him out, and by any means necessary. Unfortunately, he isn't going anywhere, not with what we know so far.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And nobody in DC would recognize Julian Edelman. Politics is the lifeblood of DC.

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

11. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Julian Edelman could be sitting next to me right now and I would have know idea who he was and I live in Wisconsin.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That's impeachment and removal right now, today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.