1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff I Like - product reviews

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Driftwood, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Thread rules:
    Don't try to sell anything.
    Don't tout something you have a business interest in.
    Only post about things you've come across that might interest others.

2. Driftwood

LL Bean boots.
    I broke down and bought a pair in September and have been blown away.
    I've always seen guys wearing these but kind of avoided them because of the leather/rubber thing. I didn't imagine they'd be comfortable.
    Holy cow.
    I took a flyer and bought myself a pair near my birthday because of the reputation, word of mouth, and because I got a coupon for %25 off.
    I've been wearing the heck out of them.
    These boots are about as comfortable and functional as anything I've ever owned. I wear them to work, out on errands, and about the yard.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Birddogs shorts (www.birddogs.com) - about all I wear in the summer. Great to walk in, I swam in them and I could throw on a polo and wear them to a restaurant, too.

When we left Topsail this summer, the three drivers (myself, my son, my son-in-law) all sported Birddogs.

They make pants, too. I have not tried them. I do love their shorts. Got each of the boys a pair for Christmas.

misterbc and Driftwood like this.
  4. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

AirPods Pro: The last cordless headphones you'll need for the next five years.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Close to the New England winter uniform for feet.

6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Ecco dress shoes. Durable, comfortable, and stylish.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Breathe right strips. For a long time my fiance has been bemoaning my snoring. I've had my nose broken at least four times, so my nasal passages are all screwed up. Not only was I snoring, but I wasn't sleeping well. I might have sleep apnea, I'm not sure. My blood pressure is high, which I've read can be related to sleep apnea or not sleeping well. At any rate, I wanted to try out some alternative options before doing a sleep study or getting a CPAP machine. So I've been wearing breathe right strips to bed. Holy. Shit. Not only am I no longer snoring -- or not as loud anyway -- but I am getting a good night's sleep and wake up refreshed. I haven't felt like this in a long time. I also having lucid, memorable dreams.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Do go on.

For example, what's the battery life you're getting on a regular basis? How much better is the audio? Does the noise cancelling work?

9. Old Crank

Old Crank Active Member

Just checked their web site. The boots you seem to be talking about range from $339 (in Canadian dollars) down to $189. Which ones did you buy?

10. Driftwood

@Old Crank
    I have the original unlined 8-inch Bean Boot.
    They list at $139, and I got them for 25% off. The web site has a pop up for 25% off right now.
    There are various lining options that up the price, but I bought them more for just nasty weather rather than treking in the snow.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I have a pair of the original 8" duck boots with the wool felt winter liner that I've worn for the last 35 years or so. Not sure they make them now.

m_5d77fe9027de34872592056f.jpeg

They're pretty good in the Northeast, but they're not warm enough for the sort of disastrous cold you get in Minnesota or the Dakotas. You need old-time Sorels or a snowmobile boot up there.

12. Old Crank

Old Crank Active Member

Thank you gents.

Draft saved Draft deleted