1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 13

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

EST
    vegasinsider.com

Other games
    UCLA @ USC (-13) (64.5) 3:30 ABC
    Kansas @ Iowa State (-22.5) (58) 11:00 ???
    Air Force @ New Mexico (+21.5) (56.5) 2:00 ESPN3
    Duke (+6.5) (54.5) @ Wake Forest 7:30 ACC
    Kansas State (-1) (57) @ Texas Tech: 6:00 FS1
    Houston @ Tulsa (-4) (59.5) 7:30 ESPNU
    Syracuse @ Louisville (-8.5) (63.5) 4:00 ACC
    Nebraska (-5) @ Maryland (64) 3:30 BTN
    Cal @ Stanford (-21) (41) 4:00 PAC12
    Washington (-14) (55) @ Colorado 10:00 ESPN

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Might give Indiana a flutter. They're not that bad, and Michigan on the road under Harbaugh has not been much.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

LSU has proven it can score points, but also that it can give up a bunch too.
    Gave up 37 points and over 600 yards to Ole Miss the other night.
    Someone talk me off the ledge on taking Arkansas (+44).

exmediahack likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I just can't bring myself to bet on truly bad teams no matter how many points they get. Too nerve-wracking watching the spread lead evaporate towards danger.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

18 seems awfully high for OSU-PSU. I hate PSU and think that number's high.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I thought that as well.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Checked the Sagarin ratings out of habit. He's got Bama at three and LSU at four if you can believe it.

8. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I don't see it. Ole Miss has a pretty dynamic young quarterback. Arkansas has nothing dynamic to speak of on offense.

65-17 LSU.

9. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Bama deserves a lot of credit for that Southern Miss win.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

And it's the ultimate look-ahead spot for Michigan. But 8 is a funny number. Give me 10 and I'm on the Hoosiers all day.

Someone tell me why Tennessee opened +4 at Mizzou and is now +5. Two teams going in completely opposite directions.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I won't. Instead I'd wait until kickoff and see if it ticks up a bit more.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's a weird week. The SEC's annual mid-November vacation week means a lot of SEC vs. FCS games that aren't on the board yet. And then a lot of the games that look good have bad lines. So here's the short list of Games I Love:

• Minnesota -12 1/2 @ Northwestern - This line was probably 20 points if they'd played last week. Minnesota is still two touchdowns better than a really bad Northwestern team.
    • Nebraska -5 1/2 @ Maryland - Nebraska is scary to bet on because you never know which team will show up. I feel pretty confident that we know which Maryland team is showing up, and it's bad enough to lose to Nebraska by a touchdown.
    • BYU -40 1/2 @UMass - Betting more against UMass than on BYU, which is finishing up a three-game tour of the dregs of college football (Libert, Idaho State and UMass)
    • Tennessee +4 @ Missouri - Tennessee has done a 180 with its season and played pretty well the last six weeks. Its only losses since the start of October have been fairly competitive ones to Georgia and Alabama. Missouri, meanwhile, has scored one touchdown in its last three games. I think Tennessee can (and probably should) win this game outright.

Games I kinda like, but will probably stay away from:
    • LSU -45 vs. Arkansas - I'll probably lay off this game because of the line. Too many points to lay with a so-so defense, but it's bad karma for me to bet against LSU. Did the latter once this season and regretted it. I'd rather they beat them by 50 and I just get to enjoy the visceral thrill of it. If I did bet it, I'd take LSU.
    • San Jose State -4 1/2 @ UNLV - Time to get back on the Spartan train? Maybe. UNLV isn't that good and it's not a huge line.
    • Penn State +18 @ Ohio State - Ridiculous line for a game with these kinds of stakes, but I thought the same thing about OSU-Wisconsin and we all saw how that turned out. I'm approaching this one like a snarling Rottweiler behind a 2-foot tall fence.
    • Alabama (NL) vs. Western Carolina - This line will probably be in the 50s, and Alabama never covers those. But even without Tua it's still a Top 10 team against a 3-8 FCS team. So the only question is will Alabama get comfortably over the line before calling off the dogs? Or will they shut it down up 42-0 at halftime?
    • Texas A&M +14 @ Georgia - Texas A&M is an obvious afterthought in the SEC, but they've quietly put together a decent seven-win season and stayed within shouting distance of the good teams on their schedule. Fourteen points might not be enough to get me to bite, but if it creeps up a hair it could be enticing.

Draft saved Draft deleted