1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11 Thread: Hines Ward crack-back block edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 12, 2019.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

16-0 Cardinals. I’m throwing lamps at the Laz-E-Boy.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Everyone OK after the end of Arizona-SF?

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

If you had the Cardinals +9 that was an atrociously bad beat

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yeah. And who would have thought that midway through the fourth quarter?

5. Spartan Squad

I went to the store in the 2nd because a) I needed to shop for a family event tonight and b) the Niners looked awful. My service sucks around town so I reset my phone fully expecting it to be ugly and lo and behold ...

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Ask @exmediahack if he middled it.

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I don’t know if there’s such a thing as being a soft 9-1 but the 49ers have twice struggled to beat a three-win Cardinals team.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

On the other hand, it seems as if it is time to stop dismissing the Ravens. The AFC North is bad this year, but they got to 8-2 with a six-game winning streak that includes victories over the Seahawks and Patriots and today's blowout of a decent Texans team.

They took some hits in the secondary, but they seem to have figured it out well enough and that offense is tough to handle.

I Should Coco likes this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Could have been for both sides. It wandered downward all through the week, but was hovering between 10 and 11 points for most of it. So depending on when you got it you might have wound up with it anywhere from -9.5 to -11.
    If you had the Niners at -10 you really can't complain about the push considering how you got there. But it's a major kick in the balls if you had them at -10.5 or -11, watched that happen, and still lost because they didn't kick the PAT.

10. Spartan Squad

I agree but will say Arizona always gets up for those games

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The key thing with the Ravens is the way they score defensive touchdowns. It seems like the teams that usually wind up making surprising runs are the ones that find ways to score those extra points on defense and special teams.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I wonder if any Baltimore fans miss Joe Flacco.

Draft saved Draft deleted