1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 12

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yep. Got to pass that “eye” test.

heyabbott likes this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Tenn is two months removed from losing a home opener to georgia f’ing state.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I’m thrilled for Oregon State because it’s hard to compete with their resources.

Two years ago, OSU and Arizona State needed new coaches. Who is further ahead now?

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yep, tough day for "Trumpist" Baylor against "Bernie Bros" Oklahoma.

[​IMG]

Michael_ Gee likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is generally foolish to attribute any sociopolitical attributes to sports teams. However, it should be noted that Edwards himself attributed part of last night's victory to the fact the Saints and LSU were winning, thus putting voters in a happier mood.

heyabbott likes this.
  6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

It’s a sign of Oklahoma Fatigue if many of us were rooting for a school with an athletic program where one basketball player killed another (and the coach didn’t care) and the football program had a culture of sexual assault.

The rest of my family attended Baylor. Their sports viewpoint is funny. They act like they don’t want all of the negatives of big-time sports but they always seemed to look the other way the moment they start winning.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's what it is. Give us ANYBODY but Clemson-Alabama-Oklahoma.

Michael_ Gee likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Absolutely. The playoffs risk becoming the least interesting part of the college football season.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Because Ohio State is so cosmopolitan and revolutionary. Ohio, once a proud and fierce member of the Union, is now firmly a confederate state.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I was pretty down on Justin Fuente in September but I've been seriously impressed with how he's rallied that team since the Duke debacle. Won five out of six since then and really should have beaten Notre Dame. Hokies have been a different team since Hendon Hooker emerged. Ryan Willis was such a turnover machine. Will be an interesting final two weeks.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I keep rooting for someone to beat Clemson. Anyone.
    Not that I dislike Clemson by any stretch, but criminy.....let someone else win.
    Variety is the spice of life.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

1. LSU
    2. Ohio State
    3. Clemson
    4. Georgia

5. Alabama
    6. Oregon

I think OU takes Minnesota spot at 8 behind Utah at 7.

Draft saved Draft deleted