1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

It’s better than not voting.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers.
    Although I recall that besotted doctor saying Trump had perfect genes so he's got nothing to worry about.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Healthiest President Ever.

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'm cool with this in terms of I think he could do a good job. What are the chances Mayor Pete could beat Trump in a national election? I am slowly coming around to him rather than Biden. If I based my primary vote on the candidate I'd rather see president, it's Buttigieg in by a country mile. Ultimately, though, it's all about who can beat Trump.

Iowa Poll: Buttigieg leads in Iowa, followed by Warren, Sanders, Biden

OscarMadison, Slacker and heyabbott like this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A full 30 percent of voters surveyed in that poll said their minds were made up. Still two and a half months away. I think most Democrats are trying on candidates like shoppers in a clothing store, hoping for that one glimpse in the mirror that says, "yep, that's me." This could go on awhile.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Never go full MAGA.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Who are the voters who would vote for Biden over Trump, but would vote for Trump over Buttigieg?

Is it a gay thing? Those voters are voting for Trump.

Is it an experience thing? Trump was a reality TV character.

There are reasons to question any of them, but the biggest thing is having a candidate people care about. If Pete gets people excited, great. I've always been a big Biden fan but I'd love to see someone much younger get the nom.

garrow likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think it's mostly a name recognition thing at this point. A September poll had the number at 39 percent were following the race very closely.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

if I remember correctly, every man under his command testified against him.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Even then it wouldn’t stop. They’d just blame the media and claim some deep state conspiracies rigged the election.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Average middle to right voters.
    You know as well as I do there were many voters who held their nose while voting for Trump simply because he wasn't screeching Hillary.
    It's a gay thing. I don't give a shit. I'd 10 gajillion times rather vote for a gay dude who volunteer for combat and isn't a grifter than Trump, but my vote doesn't matter.
    The resistance has to embrace the swing voter.
    If you want barbecue, you have to embrace the pig.
    I love barbecue.
    I want my country back.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They’re the only hospital in the area with a scale large enough to weigh him.

(Come on, you’re slipping).

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.