1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oh, he's in trouble plenty, for sure. My belief is that the work of the firm will be scripting every damn word of his testimony in advance and making him memorize it, because while Sondland is doubtless pretty smart in the hotel business, he's obviously way dumb in other areas of life. In terms of practical politics, committee Democrats would regard him taking the Fifth in response to "so about that phone call with the President?" as just about as good as if he made a full Perry Mason-style confession.

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yes, after the last few years of endless bullshit, grifting and corrupt behavior. ... and the emperor having no clothes, but nobody really acknowledging what was plain to see. ... a number of things have set up in a way that could be satisfying. First, as you said, the idea of this checkbook powerbroker, wanna-be, political haymaker pleading the fifth. ... and the political fallout it could mean for the grifter-in-chief. ... could really make the world not feel so upside down. At least I hope so (because I have been disappointed a lot the last few years).

Another thing I was thinking about was Rudy's legal jeopardy, and my hope is that the Southern District of NY goes after him particularly hard, with a "You, out of everyone, should have known better, being a former DA from here," self righteousness. Plus, as far as whales go, I imagine to someone in an office like that, Rudy is looking juicier and juicier by the minute. I honestly believe the guy deserves due process, and if they go after him hard, it should be done in a fair way -- not them cutting corners or ginning up things just to get him. But I won't weap if they don't cut him any slack or make any deals and pursue whatever they have on him like dogs on bones.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Whatever the administration does, WE THE PEOPLE need to rise up en masse and walk the streets and tell the admin this is unacceptable. They will stop when the people tell them we are watching and will not accept that behavior.

Driftwood and lakefront like this.
  5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I went to a right-wing board I visit occasionally and typed: “Marie Yovanovich and Bill Taylor are patriots.”
    You wouldn’t believe the abuse I got.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Rank-and-file Trumpanzees: BUT WHAT CRIME DID HE COMMIT?

They'll all be wards of the state after this.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Never gonna happen. The declining birthrate means not enough people to do real jobs, let alone get out in the streets. And, vast protests are not populated by oldsters, and the younger people would rather stay home and order in than go out.

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some assembly required.

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I’m not so pessimistic

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And they’re right.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They will stop when WE THE PEOPLE vote them out. That's how it works.

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

This year, just celebrate Thanksgiving. Don't try to "win" it.
    And never forget the single shining truth about democracy:
    It means sharing a country with assholes you can't stand.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.