1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I clearly remember Barr publicly and repeatedly criticizing McConnell etc. in 2009-10 for trying to hamstring the Obama Administration during the worst economic crisis in decades. Later during the Garland blockade, Barr denounced the GOP's unprecedented move to deny the president a chance to nominate someone a year before his term expired.

So, he's being pretty consistent here.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I doubt that. Barr is sort of in love with the office of the presidency.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That is a fair interpretation of his views, which are still incredibly dangerous even if seen in the most benign light. Hope he never runs into James Madison in the afterlife.

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'd raise a glass if someone arranged an impromptu meeting.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Gonna be a busy weekend at the offices of whichever DC law firm has Gordon Sondland's attorney as a partner. Sorry, associates!

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trump 2020: If you were here I could deceive you and if you were here you would believe.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

They’ve felt this way since 1980. Look how they reacted after the 1992 election.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Maybe. But that's just because they are lawyers, and lawyers tend to make it more complicated than it should be.

At this point, he's in serious legal jeopardy. His lawyers should be sending word that he is going to plead the fifth when and where he needs to. ... unless they give him immunity. The democrats controlling the hearing should be open to immunity, even though it is irregular. ... but ONLY if he tells the truth and doesn't hold back on any details. If he gets caught trying to soft pedal, immunity is off.

It's only Congressional immunity, which doesn't get him out of legal jeopardy if a prosecutor is determined to go after him. But about the only thing he can likely be prosecuted on is lying to Congress, and they can't prosecute that easily without Congress actually being on board.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Pardoning war criminals. Raising eyebrows in The Hague.

Trump Celebrates Release of Convicted Murderer He Freed with Video of Family Reunion

After Fatfuck's conviction on multiple state felonies in early 2021, he can be extradited to The Hague to face charges as accessory to war crimes.

As a war criminal, I'm sure Ireland and Scotland among other nations will be very happy to seize his golf courses and other properties.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Trump loves his ass!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.