1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11 Thread: Hines Ward crack-back block edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 12, 2019.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Is it too late to flex the next one to Sunday night? Or is that not allowed?

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Patriots at Texans is in that slot. It's not getting flexed to Sunday night.

It's already a 2:25 p.m. game with Chargers at Broncos the other game so it will be pretty close to a full national game.

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Has a regular season thread ever been locked?

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

There are 30 other teams' quarterbacks that Myles Garret could have clobbered upside with a helmet.
    Just our luck, he did it to a Steeler.

Spartan Squad, Regan MacNeil and JC like this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Garrett's attack on Rudolph began with his grabbing the QB's helmet violently and repeatedly, wrenching his head back and forth and for quite a long period of time. The event when taken in full really truly is felonious and career-ending, IMO.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Mike Mitchell was a goon.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I still cannot figure out why Garrett just didn’t just let that play go on. The ball was gone. The game was over.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Mike Mitchell was incompetent.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I was there! I was about 50 feet away, but behind the initial scrum so I didn't see it happen. Amazing to think of what would happen to a player who slugged a GM today. At the time it was just like, "oh, well, the Raiders." Even Pat Sullivan joked about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted