1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11 Thread: Hines Ward crack-back block edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 12, 2019.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

What would it take to suspend a Head Coach for a player's actions on the field? Maybe to punish the Browns the league should require Kitchens to coach the team for 3 more years.

And Tomlin can choke on his indignation. He's coached enough headhunters to get in the WWE HOF. He's also tried to trip Jacoby Jones in 2013.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Garret was on top of him when he’s grabbing his helmet, he’s probably scared shitless. Did he kick him or try to push him off with his foot?

Nothong wrong with Garret responding. Respond with your fists if you must, a helmet to the head is not justifiable.

Tweener likes this.
  3. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

There is no bar to a criminal prosecution arising from an athletic event where, as here, the acts in question are quite clearly not part of the normal course of events, and there's no argument that the victim consented to what happened. It happens occasionally; Dave Forbes was prosecuted in Minnesota for maiming Henry Boucha in 1975, and it resulted in a hung jury. Dino Ciccarelli got charged in Toronto for whacking Luke Richardson with his stick and got a slap on the wrist. Marty McSorley and Todd Bertuzzi were convicted for their on-ice assaults, but neither got a severe penalty.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yes, Marty McSorley on a slash to the head of Donald Brashear.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

@heyabbott says hello.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I think the league got the suspensions right.
    Garrett doesn't need to see the field for a long time. As bad as that was, it could have been a helluva lot worse.
    No way should Rudolph have been fined and/or suspended.

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

@thesportsputz, not me.

8. CD Boogie

I'm guessing Pouncey appeals and it gets knocked back to two games.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sounds like something a racist would say.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Bet the mortgage that one of the Cleveland-Pittsburgh games will be on prime time again next year.

11. CD Boogie

it's amazing how little you add here and elsewhere, other than shouting, "I wonder if there's a racial component to this" about every freaking topic.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I could see that.
    12.1 at 4:25 est may be must see TV.

Draft saved Draft deleted