1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11 Thread: Hines Ward crack-back block edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 12, 2019.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Last night was the first time I really paid attention to Freddie Kitchens talking.

Jesus. Who interviewed this cornpone and thought, "this guy has 'head coach' written all over him?"

Scout likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

End of Patriots-Seahawks Super Bowl was ugly but not this. Just incredible.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

+ Clay Travis

4. TigerVols

Dadgummit I take it you're not familiar with the Jimmy Haslam oeuvre?

[​IMG]

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Did he float that idea? Because Garrett probably would have mentioned that in between his apology and saying there's no excuse for what he did. Instead we have humps like @TheSportsPredictor immediately floating the idea that a guy said the n-word. Why? Because sadly that's the only way he sees life. Black guys hits white guy -- obviously there has to a justification for what he did. Oh, I know, he said the n-word.

Fucking lazy thinking from morons.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The NFL is almost lucky that all anyone can talk about today is Garrett, overshadowing the first-half hit on that Steelers WR that left him bleeding from an ear and needing help off the field. I'm not sure that guy knew what planet he was on after that hit, and those hits continue to happen with no end in sight. But it's easier to go on and on about the helmet-swinging lunatic and whether he should be suspended or arrested.

Scout, I Should Coco and sgreenwell like this.
  7. TigerVols

In fairness, not really.

8. CD Boogie

Source: Thursday night’s game “was like a bounty game”

Jeremy Fowler reported that the Browns sideline was celebrating after Garrett hit Rudolph with the helmet.

9. CD Boogie

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I agree with this. Rudolph got rung on the head helmet to helmet in the first half too. Obviously, some emotions got the best of a lot of people last night (myself included) saying stupid shit like Garrett should be arrested. One friend of mine said Garrett was justified because Rudolph called Garrett a bitch or something like that. If someone at a bar called me a bitch and I responded by swinging a knife at his face, I don't believe the authorities would say I was justified in taking that particular action.

11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Rudolph is ripping at the helmet as he goes down. Its on him to take the hit and wait for a flag like every other qb in the league.

Garrett deserves 8-12 games, Rudolph escalated and deserves high fine or 1 game.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If that happened Garrett had every chance to claim it last night when he talked to the media. He didn't.

Draft saved Draft deleted