1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11 Thread: Hines Ward crack-back block edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Can Ron Artest play football?

Tweener likes this.
  2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Mason getting suspended for two games might be the best thing for Pittsburgh.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I thought of that as well.
    From a pure chaotic melee standpoint, that was way up there.
    From a pure "He just got knocked the hell out", it's prolly Tomjanovich v Washington.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

There had to be some building shit before this play. Garrett taking him down like that just makes no sense when you look at that play by itself.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He was truly awful last night. Part of that was the lack of protection and lack of weapons, but he missed on throw after throw, even when he had time. The last two interceptions were brutal, but I put that on Tomlin. Rudolph should have been yanked from that game at halftime. He even missed badly twice on the touchdown drive, only to be bailed out by penalties.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

You'd like to think that it was a "Momentary Lapse Of Reason" (Pink Floyd) but you never really know what goes on in the bottoms of those piles. I've heard officials say that it's some of the most vile, insulting things you could ever imagine hearing.

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Obviously you

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I think Tomlin thought putting Duck in last night almost wouldn’t have been fair to him when you think about how banged up the entire offense was.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

If Mason drops that word, Pouncy kills him. Garrett is the least of his problems.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Slept on it. Certainly think that something snapped in Rudolph. Threw four picks. Was getting sacked on every play on that last drive. Five years ago, Garrett's hit may not have been an egregious late hit, but in today's NFL -- considering some of the patty-cake shit that gets called -- it was very late. I'm not absolving him of responsibility, but he didn't deserve to have a fucking helmet swung at his head like a sledgehammer.

Browns fans on my Twitter timeline are engaging in some whataboutism that would make YF blush.

Garrett has to be done for the year, but I don't think it needs to go further than that. Pouncey gets a couple of games because you can't go kicking dudes when they're down. Kitchens needs to be shot into the sun just because.

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This is akin to Marty McSorely without the result but it could have been so much worse. Yeah the others involved are going to sit and and have to fork over cash. Garrett needs something hefty.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A six-game suspension is 37.5% of Garrett's 2019 salary. I'd say that qualifies as "hefty." And it is what he deserves.

rtse11 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted