1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The one where the parents find a soccer magazine in the kid's bedroom (it's a gateway sport to.... lacrosse), and question him about it - that is fantastic.

"It's perfectly natural to experiment with other sports..."

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

ChrisLong likes this.
  3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Mom's a beauty.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm am very interested in how their night with Mr and Mrs Streaker went.

ChrisLong likes this.
  5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

The insurance ads that are always gold are the Farmers Insurance ones with J.K. Simmons. Saw the one today with the 50th Anniversary of Sesame Street. Amazing.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I would be delighted to watch the guy from the Chevy spots and the guy from the Capital One Cafe compete in a Deathmatch.
    Only caveat is that they both have to die.

TigerVols and spikechiquet like this.
  7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

One person’s amazing is another person’s corny.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm easily triggered by Christmas ads. I find the music excerpts from The Nutcracker, whether the slow dance of the fairies or the more robust Da da-da-duh duh duh equally hive enducing, no matter the product. But what absolutely turns my stomach into a pit of acid is anyone using "'tis the season". Don't know if newspapers still put out a Holiday Season style guide with a list of banned expressions like TTS or "the white stuff" but they should. I also hate companies that spend a month trying to guilt people into buying their crud for Christmas then in the days before urge us to "remember the true spirit of the holidays" or whatever.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Col. Sanders trying to make a move on Mrs. Butterworth ... again!

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I don't know why I need a face-full of bulge to be sold cologne.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I hate that the Muppets are reduced to shilling for Facebook and Farmers, but if that's the only way I can see them on my TV screen I'll take it.
    Surprised Disney Plus isn't just doing a reboot of The Muppet Show mixed in with re-runs. At least do a Christmas Special right?

12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

The Muppets reboot a few years ago could be horrifying. There were some high points.

Wenders likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted