1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 12

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Campbell and Fickell would be good choices
    Tony Annese of Ferris State might get a look but probably not
    I wonder if Campbell would consider Michigan State an improvement or a lateral move

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I doubt they'd jump somebody up from GLIAC level, unless they got turned down by a lot of other guys first (echoes of Muddy Waters).

I trash on Sparty all the time but it's not a "lateral move" from Iowa State.

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

It isn’t but Campbell might think he could do better

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He certainly might, depending what opens up in the next month or so. And remembering of course that Dantonio is still, as of this moment, officially returning for Sparty.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm all for taking some flyers on the occasional underdog. Hell, I did it last week and almost pulled it off. But if I was trying to turn a $5 bet into $10,000 I'd rather do one of those insane 20-team parlays people hit every now and then instead of betting on Rutgers to win that game.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You're right.

But the special treatment likely would have evaporated had the SEC gone 0-3 in the semifinals (Big 12) or 1-2 (Big Ten).

Instead, they're 5-1. Judges appreciate being proven right.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I do wonder why more people aren't bringing up the shaky at best non-conference performance of the SEC. The losses are worse than the wins are good.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Would like to know how that materialized as a story, why bring it up days in advance of the game? It shouldn't be embarrassing -- still a helluva streak -- but some will make it out to be that. When the truth is that there's just too much seat inventory all over college football, unless you're hosting the latest Game of the Century.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Carolina borrowing Duke's pants and helmets again. Again, why have a distinctive/universally-recognized school color, but not wear it?

Pitt's unis are great, classic Marino-era look.

How can ND sell out Bowling Green but not Navy?

Draft saved Draft deleted