1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11 Thread: Hines Ward crack-back block edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 12, 2019.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Guessing they'll do more due diligence than was done in the Packers-Raiders preseason game in Winnipeg, but this is the NFL, after all ...

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

You’d have to ask the wife to be certain, but the Magic 8 ball says ... yes.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

thisisfine.jpg

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Which is the bigger indictment on Gase, Darnold's fall off or Tannehill's resurgence?

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Yes.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We're getting off topic!

(Kidding. I couldn't resist.)

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I’ve lived here for three years now and still don’t understand the fervor behind the smiley face cookies at Eat and Park.

Let alone sticking fries on everything, including salads.

8. outofplace

I grew up there and I don't get the fascination with the smiley face cookies. They aren't bad, but they aren't anything special.

I do like mixing fries in with other things, but Primanti Brothers is vastly overrated. Pamela's and Mineo's, on the other hand...

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

It’s just a place that’s still around from 40 years ago. It’s more of a nostalgia thing.

10. outofplace

I know. I grew up a few blocks from one.

Meanwhile, on the field, the Steelers just cannot get a break with injuries. Already down 7-0 to the Browns, they just lost Watt. I know Fitzpatrick is an impact player who played a huge role in turning around the Steelers' season, but Watt is still the best player on that team.

Also, they are going on about Pittsburgh stability and Tomlin, but he just cannot seem to get his team ready for the beginning of a game. They were sloppy on the first defensive possession, leading to a touchdown. They bobbled a snap to give away a field goal and just missed on third-and-one because Rudolph was inaccurate yet again.

Edit: Watt looked like something was really wrong, but he was right back in on the next drive. He had has hands on a pick-six and couldn't pull it in.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  11. outofplace

Conner aggravated his shoulder injury, so his night is probably done. Watt keeps coming out of the game, which led to the 41-yard pass play. He was on the sideline and his replacement was some scrub the Steelers re-signed off the street today was the one who came in clean on Mayfield, left his feet and whiffed completely.

Now Ju-Ju Smith-Schuster looks like he is done with a concussion after a helmet-to-helmet hit that was not called.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Mayfield's endorsement exposure is the most out of proportion to an athlete's accomplishments since Tiger Woods' execrable "hello world" rollout.

Draft saved Draft deleted