1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have You Ever Had a Stalker?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by typefitter, Nov 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Short version: This thread is like the Psychoderelict album, minus the witch's teets.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Good god why.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I think you're trying to drama queen this into more than it really is. You don't have a true stalker, instead you have a message board rival, as part of a longstanding board rivalry in which you''ve quite willingly participated by delivering quite a few cruel and nasty shots of your own over the years.

He's not "stalking" you in the sense of trying to "torpedo your career" or mess with you real life beyond these boards. And I believe his comments regarding you are now almost entirely confined to just one thread on another board. Well, you're a pretty well known writer, and threads discussing such writers ...in both good and bad ways ...are entirely fair game on journalism boards. Nobody's forcing you to go there and click on that thread.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Because I like him and I like what he brings to the table even when he runs away to Paris or Ireland. -30-

Stoney likes this.
  6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Ya like a guy who traffics in whataboutism and has a PhD in dishonest discourse? I ain't got time for that bullshit, which is why I generally avoid the cesspool that is the politics page. I'm pretty middle of the road when it comes to politics and I have no interest in discussing anything with extremists on either side.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

For reasons I don’t quite understand I will take
    you at your word. When I get home I will try to restore it

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

OK, I can't restore a post I didn't delete but since Songbird says he didn't want to delete it, here is the post in question:

It is pretty funny. And look, you don't have to like -- and can even loathe -- his politics or the way he argues them, and the way he questions the way media operates, even if he doesn't always get it right or makes false assumptions (then disappears to France or Ireland lol), but nobody here is more fucking read or brings more information-based intellectual curiosity to a conversation about the human behaviors of life than YF does. Some highfalutin folks here have even invited YF to bro it up over scotch. Too bad YF isn't here. He'd have a field day with this thread. Oh, and 90% of his business is espresso machine repairs. Get it right, Fart.

--

Let me add that it is very difficult to accidentally delete a post. It is a two-step process. You hit delete and you get a message asking if you're sure and you have to hit that, too. But, whatever, he says he didn't delete it so there it is for all to see. Enjoy.

And with that, I'm closing this at the OP's request. That type of thing is something we've done numerous times. When this started, I didn't think it would have a long life but it chugged along OK with no deletions from the moderators yesterday.

Carry on.

SnarkShark likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.