1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Former GOP Strategist: Nikki Haley ‘Wants to be Vice President,’ Mike Pence Will Likely Be Replaced

“It’s about currying favor. She wants to be vice president. She wants to be vice president on the Republican ticket in 2020. And I think there’s an overwhelming chance that Trump will dump Pence to put Nikki Haley on the ticket because he has an enormous problem with women. Suburban women, particularly.”

“He’s entirely transactional. Loyalty is a one-way street,” Schmidt concluded. “And so she’s clearly angling for the job, and when you look at the politics of it, she would serve his immediate political interests in a way that Pence can’t. So I would suggest that he’s going to be gone and she’ll be in.”

3_Octave_Fart likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I hope it happens and Pence leaks all sorts of ugly shit because of it.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

4. Neutral Corner

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

How sad would it be to spend four years of your life very publicly kissing the ass of a terrible person, doing some of the most thankless work in the administration and then getting nothing out of it.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Pence is a shitstain of a human being. Bad things possibly happening to bad people is never sad.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Poin-
    I believe Nikki Haley is worse.
    At some level Pence believes he's doing the right thing.
    He can say he's obeying the dictates of his conscience.
    Haley is as self-serving as Trump.

Driftwood likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There is no way in hell Donald Trump will put himself in a situation where a younger woman would be his replacement. Pence is safe.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

No collusion.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

As long as it is someone who doesn't steal the spotlight and who he can pawn off as "highly respected by people," I doubt Trump thinks about the VP possibly replacing him. In fact, just as Trump's head is on the chopping block, I can just hear him throwing the VP under the bus as unqualified, as a last-ditch reason for why Trump can't be impeached.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.