1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Your full-throated defense is all the proof I need to know she’s a Russian puppet.

Pilot and BadgerBeer like this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

3. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Nobody reads those anymore. Run TV commercials

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I want to drill down on this one for a second.

In the examination of a server for clues in a hacking investigation, what evidence do you expect to gain from examining the physical hardware, as opposed to a disc image?

Was the FBI going to finger print the motherboard?

And also: You know a cloud server is not always necessarily one “server”, right?

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thankfully, we don't have a government headed by someone squeezing a vast global network of murderers, oligarchs and dictators for dirt and cash.

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I’m not thinking about the hacking investigation. It’s my impression that most of the major hacking involved the DNC email system.

My memory of the early days of her email problem is that there was a lot of hesitation on her team’s (meaning her and her advisers) part about what emails should and should not be released. The physical location/custody of the server was also an issue.

I think much of the continuing story spin and churn could have been avoided early on if the server had been quickly handed over to some independent entity.

I am rarely right when it comes to predicting political trends, but I think that early transparency would have reduced her email saga.

I assume that this was largely a precloud era, hence the whole, I think false, impression that a private server would segregate public and personal messages. I think that Clinton thought that she would have more email security and wound up having less.

To be more clear, I think that her attempt at private security cost her more politically than the contents of the messages.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

OK, your proof is duly noted. Here's my proof:

A Russian puppet who has voted for Russian sanctions every time the issue has come up for a vote and who said the following:

Ya know, the Soviet Union desperately wanted Mondale instead of Reagan in 1984. Was Mondale a Soviet puppet?

That's the problem with just about all political discussion today. Nobody wants to take the time to do the homework on what people actually vote for and how they actually govern. It's all about optics and soundbites and polls. And then wild accusations.

It used to be, "I don't think Candidate X will be strong enough on Russia."
    That's too milquetoast today. Today it MUST be, "Candidate X is a Russian stooge/asset/puppet! Bought and paid for by Vladimir Putin!"

Every time.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    Iron_chet likes this.
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Are you on Twitter? If so, go there now and review the accounts pushing #iamtulsi and you’ll see a vast majority are Russian bot accounts.

lakefront likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Whatabotism

TigerVols, Inky_Wretch and heyabbott like this.
  10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Although 38 people were cited for violations. I am sorry but my cut/paste is not working. I got the info from @CourthouseNews on twitter.

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

1. But isn't that how it usually works, you have people who work their way up and through the ranks and they sometimes turn out to be the expected nominee. If Bernie had gained popularity a little earlier in the contest and it was a closer race then maybe you could put the blame somewhere for him losing. And by the way, unfortunately we will never know what went on with the gop. Imagine their emails being out there. Oh boy, what those would have revealed about that whole bunch.
    2. yep
    3. I don't know anything about that but will take your word for it, and yep trump is the all timer in all of these offenses.
    4. yeah, but we really don't know what peoples marriages are.
    5. This one I totally disagree. She has not been in the news that often in the last 3 years. And get over the fucking book. Everyone writes a fucking book then they go on the road to hype it. Also, in time I think Obama will want to set the record straight.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

My biggest problem with how Clinton handled the e-mail stuff - especially the Weiner thing at the end was hoping the FBI would keep it hush-hush. If the campaign was out front of all of this, saying the campaign was contacted by the FBI before it got out that FBI contacted the campaign - they would have had time to put it in the rear-view mirror. The conspiracy types who wern't going to vote for her anyway would still make noise, but it wouldn't appear like the campaign was hiding something. Depending on Comey to stay quiet was dumb. It was another unforced error by the campaign.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.