1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Busch Light guy and the Des Moines Register

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Technical question: if you scrub, does that kill all retweets too that other people might have had on their timeline?

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

In a re-tweet, it will say "This tweet is unavailable" in place of the deleted tweet.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Thanks. I probably should have known that from all the YankeeFan posts.

4. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Yes. If I delete a tweet someone else retweeted, it'll just show up as "This tweet is not available."

The only problem is if someone screenshots a tweet. Then, obviously, that's not going anywhere. But my timeline is so insignificant, I highly doubt anyone has done that.

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Completely disagree. It can be taught, and it can be learned

6. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Oh, it can be learned ... taught, OTOH, nope ... :)

7. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Learned is the better option here.

8. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

RAGBRAI Staff Resigns, Starts New Bike Ride Across Iowa

Today the entire staff for RAGBRAI - Register Annual Great Bike Ride Acoss Iowa - resigned and announced plans for a new bike ride next summer, set for the same dates.

This RAGBRAI ride is a big damn deal in Iowa, billed as the largest bike tour in the world and with 8,500 riders every year biking across the state and camping out in small communities in a big party atmosphere. Lots of goodwill lost because of Gannett and the DMR being dicks.

Rumor is a lot of the RAGBRAI sponsors are moving to the new ride, as well.

Tough to figure out how the top editor has survived all this.

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Wow. That is a big damn deal.

Man, think of all that one line at the end of a story has caused. Or all the change that guy’s poster promoted. Who could have imagined some guy making a poster at a college football game would bring about the end of RAGBRAI. Nuts.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Shit just got real. RAGBRAI is a big fucking deal.

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Why is it a big deal that the ride's director couldn't talk about King? I'm missing something.

12. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

I don't understand how this is a big deal with relation to the dude that made the beer sign. I get the DMR has handled this whole situation very poorly. Could you just explain this RAGBRAI deal to someone who isn't from Iowa and has no idea what this means? Would appreciate it! Thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted