1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Curious though - what questions do you dump? I thought all but the last of the questions were "worthy." We do need to look at our future workforce. I kind of think healthcare has been pummeled. Wealth tax? War in Syria? Age? Guns? Opiods?

The problem with an immigration or climate change issue question is you won't get much disagreement among the 12. Figured Steyer would weigh in on the environment.

ADD - The answer I would have given to the "Ellen" question is that increasing the divide is what is giving Trump power. Building a wall between neighbors, literally and figuratively, isn't the answer. We can agree to disagree, work together when we can, disagree when we must, but keep talking. That the two bases view any interaction with the other side and seek retribution is playing into Trump's hands. Watch Fox News every now and then. Talk to people who disagree about politics about other stuff. Try and seek common ground.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

garrow and Azrael like this.
  4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Beto and Klobuchar are probably going to fall short of the thresholds for the next debate.

If I had to guess, it will be: Bernie, Biden, Booker, Harris, Mayor Pete and Warren.

Klobuchar has the best shot to sneak in but I doubt she will

5. Della9250

Here's a fun story about people I was told today:

Girlfriend's co-worker's girlfriend is upset she can't make it to the next Trump rally because......it is at said rally that Trump will announce JFK Jr. as his running mate in 2020. And so you know, JFK Jr. is not dead -- he has been living on an island since the crash that "killed him"

HanSenSE and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  6. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Bernie, Biden, Warren, Harris, Buttigieg, Booker, Steyer, and Yang have already qualified.

Klobuchar, O'Rourke, Castro, and Gabbard have hit the fundraising threshold but nowhere near the poll threshold.

Klobuchar might get there with early Iowa State polls, but she might be it.

Frankly, I'd rather her, Castro and O'Rourke were in it than Yang and Steyer. I'm done with both of them.

7. Della9250

How the hell has Steyer met the poll thresholds?

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

oh yeah?

the next Nazi Rally is set for Dallas. Forget JFK Jr., JFK Sr. Will come marching out of the subterranean brain transplant and rejuvenation facility they've had him floating in a bacta tank for 56 years, at the bright and bushy tailed age of 102 he'll march out on stage with his best buddy Elvis and endorse Fatfuck as Emperor For Life.

Fred siegle likes this.
  9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

This is a sound move tactically and strategically.

It gathers the younger, more liberal members of the party in one place and aligns them with Bernie.

When Bernie leaves the race, he can pass that group intact and without argument to the eventual nominee.

It's a great way to wrangle some of these disparate groups and get them pointed in the same direction.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yang will be on stage from here on out.

11. Della9250

From here on out needs to mean, dropping out soon. The guy can't get more than 3 percent in pools and is routinely outside of any top five. I give him credit for giving it a shot. He's done better than a lot of people thought he probably would. But it's not happening.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.