1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 6 NFL Thread: Cliff Stoudt edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 8, 2019.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Pathetic

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yes, your lame attempt to pile on was. /probably

JC likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Lazy/useless.

See? I can do that, too. It brings nothing to the board, but keep on telling us who the bad posters are as you give us a shining example.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You don’t seem to understand probabilities very well.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Butthurt? Tsk tsk. Such a non PC term for such a PC moron. Just can’t take the L like a man. I admit when I’m wrong all the time, here and elsewhere. Except when I’m not, of course :)

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

7. outofplace

I understand them just fine. The game was not out of reach, but thank you for proving yet again that you will jump into any argument as long as you can join in with the side opposing me.

8. outofplace

When you're not? I believe something about blind pigs applies there.

Why would I admit to something that isn't true? The game wasn't reasonably out of reach until that punt was downed at the one and there was still a sliver of a chance until Sutton's interception.

Those probabilities you suddenly care about so much don't take into account the myriad of fucked up ways the Steelers have found to lose since the start of last season.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Take the L, ya last word freak. Take it. Take. It

JC likes this.
  10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Pigs will fly or hell will freeze over.

CD Boogie likes this.
  11. outofplace

Last chance to walk away and let somebody else be the last word freak. I bet you can't do it. I don't take the L when I'm right.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watched a bit of the Cowboys-Jets re-air tonight - how many teams would trade their current QB even-up for Dak Prescott? Seven maybe? Not even sure the teams tanking for a top pick next year would make a deal.

And with Winston and Mariotta about to end their five-year runs, I could see more teams less willing to pay top rate for sub-prime. Draft another QB, get a Brisset, a Tannahill, a Tyrod Taylor. Paying $20m a year doesn't make some one a top of the line QB. But spending $10m on a cast-off and using the other $10m to improve the line and rest of the team might be a better bet. Who knows, maybe QBs are about to be the next RBs.
    Of the current qbs on their original deals, Mahomes is the only lock to be a $20m player.

Draft saved Draft deleted