1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7 Thread: The Tim Worley-Dirley Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 15, 2019.

1. A week after the Steelers begin to gain some momentum, the NFL conveniently gives them the week off.
    The Ravens, after playing five of the worst teams in the NFL , get to test their single-wing offense against one of the better teams in the NFC.
    Jets fan have to slobbering - not just because they are stupid Jets fans ;) - at the prospect of Sam Darnold taking on the Pats. It's going to be a changing of the guard in the AFC North, they said.

The Chiefs look ot stop a losing streak with a Turdsday night game in Denver.
    New Orlenans and Chicago should be good late game.
    Can the Giants get a win over Murray and Kingsburg? Prolly not.

Thurs:
    KC vs. DEN +3.5, O/U 49

Sun
    AZ vs. NYG -3, O/U 49.5
    HOU vs. IND -1, O/U 48
    JAX vs. CIN +3, O/U 43.5
    LAR vs. ATL +3, O/U 54
    MIA vs. BUF -16, O/U 39.5
    MIN vs. DET +1, O/U 44
    OAK vs. GB -6.5, O/U 46.5
    SF vs. WAS +9.5, O/U 42.5
    LAC vs. TEN -1, O/U 38
    BAL vs. SEA -4, O/U 50.5
    NO vs. CHI -3, O/U 39.5

Sun Night
    PHI vs. DAL -3, O/U 48.5
    Mon:
    NE vs. NYJ +10, O/U 42

2. And don’t forget the Eagles have the opportunity to continue the Cowboys free fall.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

This is totally a game the Jets ahould win, if only to give hope to a fan base that will have it taken from them soon enough.

The Saints-Bears game will probably end in a scoreless tie.

Can’t remember who said it about the Chiefs possibly going undefeated a few weeks back, but that now seems quaint. Their defense is worse than last year.

Looking forward to Ravens getting exposed the next two weeks. They let the Bengals hang around for a while on Sunday.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm rushing out today to catch that 49ers-Redskins line before it jumps up over 10. The Redskins are quickly becoming the gift that keeps on giving.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I did that too. Even in a letdown spot after the Rams game, gotta think SF can handle this. Might be 10-0.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Rather than the results on the field, I am looking to see if the 49er Faithful fill Fed Ex, like they did the LA Coliseum. And extend the opposing crowd streak at Fed Ex.

7. CD Boogie

I bet they will. People always says that team like the Steelers and 49ers travel well. OK, sure; they do when they're winning. And why do they? Because an entire generation -- the Steelers in 70s, the 49ers in the 80s -- was raised with them as the dynastic franchise, and all of those kids grew up and live all around the country, not just in Pitt or San Fran.

Same shit is gonna happen with the Pats after Brady-Belichick if they can maintain some semblance of winning. There'll be plenty of fans from outside NE because little kids are fucking frontrunners.

Batman likes this.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

DC and LA are melting pots of US citizens.
    I am fascinated by stadium dynamics going on in LA and DC.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Even before Brady and Belichick, Pats fans traveled well, as the phrase goes. 1. By November, a weekend in almost any other city beats Boston weather. 2. Many, many New England transplants in most major cities.

10. CD Boogie

You can't be serious. Pats fans didn't even travel well in NE before Brady and Belichick. The damn team almost moved to Hartford in 1999. If you went to a Miami-Pats game in Miami in the Marino era, there was not a major presence of Pats fans. Not a chance.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Also why we have so many annoying Cowboys fans. They collected a lot of kids in the 1970s, and then again in the 90s, so there are two generations of frontrunning assholes rooting for them.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

By now, I think it's pretty clear that teams often move independently of fan support, or the lack of it. See the Rays staying in Tampa Bay for god knows why, or the Chargers, Browns and other teams leaving despite good to great fan support. I would think that Gee is referring to the Parcells and Bledsoe years and beyond, vs. the sad sack years before them. Their division probably helps though - plenty of Pats fans lurking in Florida and New York.

Draft saved Draft deleted