1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Post a Song you are listening to now...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Apr 5, 2007.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Stugill Simpson's Sound & Fury album, which is on Netflix set to anime.

2. justgladtobehere

It is pretty cool to follow links from one band to another and then another, etc.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Mariah Carey has made $60m from the royalties of All I Want For Christmas. Always thought writing a beloved Christmas song - just one - could allow you do whatever you wanted for the rest of your life knowing royalty checks will be coming in every year.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. justgladtobehere

Newan Afrobeat, a Chilean band that does Fela Kuti covers

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

They really ought to do a #30for30 on the rabbit holes of YouTube.

7. Neutral Corner

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I woke up with this in my ear ...

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Listening to some Dave Olney, a Nashville rock 'n roll legend, who died this weekend apparently in the middle of a gig.

10. Neutral Corner

Died of a heart attack on stage. Just said "I'm sorry", put his chin on his chest, and died sitting on a stool holding his guitar.

11. Neutral Corner

"Dave Rawlings Machine performs "Going To California" (By Led Zeppelin) live at the Georgia Theatre in Athens, Ga. Dave Rawlings Machine is comprised of Dave Rawlings, Gillian Welch, John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin), Willie Watson (Old Crowe Medicine Show), and Paul Kowert (Punch Brothers). "

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Since there wasn't a grammy thread - and I didn't watch - I'll post here. They did a tribute to the show producer who is retiring after 40 years with the song I Sing the Body Electric with Gary Clark Jr., Common, Cyndi Lauper and a cross section of artists across the genres - a really inspired choice given what must be a nearly impossible show to produce each year between sets, genres, artists, and keeping things moving. The capper was having Leo Curreri who played the keyboards in the movie playing the keyboards during the performance.
    "I Sing The Body Electric" At The 2020 GRAMMYs

Draft saved Draft deleted