1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 MLB postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Oct 1, 2019.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

So after all that, Correa wins with a walk-off homer to lead off the 11th. Right before that, in the top of the 11th, Sanchez was called out with two on and two out on a pitch that was clearly outside. Of course, on the previous pitch, Sanchez swung and missed on a two-strike pitch, but the ump called it a foul ball. In fact, the announcers said Sanchez told the ump he fouled it off, although he damn well had to know he missed it by plenty. The subsequent third-strike call was most likely a makeup, but Sanchez really needed to STFU about it after the call on the previous pitch.

I only caught the last three innings, so I didn't have to slog through the whole thing. Call me a traditionalist, but 15 pitchers used in a 3-2 game (even if it's a couple extra innings) is totally ridiculous.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That foul tip call was brutal. I'm surprised the ump didn't run him for arguing. "Bro, I did you an accidental solid on that foul tip. You should have been out and you're arguing that I did call you out on a borderline pitch? Hit the showers!"

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Joe Buck was completely not ready for Correa to smash that ball. "Going back to that last inning, when Sanchez was talking to the home plate umpire Corey Glazer... and there's a fly ball into right!"

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Nothing on the Nationals going up 3-0? I'm beginning to doubt the game happened.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Validation of the Ewing Theory.

The game reverts to traditions. Starting pitching and doubles in the gap

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The obsession Fox has with Altuve is why I'll never vote for him for the HoF. I just won't.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's insane, even if you don't have a vote.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

How bout those Nats?

garrow likes this.
  9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm sure the Best Fans In Baseball are handling this just fine.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Cardinals fans: "Remember when we scored 10 runs in the first inning against the Braves? How we shoved it up their Tomahawk chopping asses? That was so awesome ... Oh shit."

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Goldschmidt has whiffed six times in a row.

Draft saved Draft deleted