1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Saturday Night Live thread to end all threads

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Sep 29, 2019.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

The "Baldwin as Trump" stuff felt especially tired. I enjoyed the rest of the show, though.

heyabbott likes this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

LArry David and Maya Rudolph are great, but if you keep bringing in outside established talent you don't develop new talent, or they cant find it anymore. The Not Ready for Prime Time Players was a tight smallish group. The opening credits are now full of people you barely if ever see.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I get the impression the only thing the SNL writers knew about Phoebe was that she was British. Really thought the show could have used a sketch where she is interacting with the rest of the cast and crew and repeatedly breaking the fourth wall.
    Oh thanks. This sketch is brilliant. Thank the writers for me.
    [​IMG]

4. Not too impressed with last night’s episode. Pretty weak.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I thought Update and "Lover" were really solid. The rest of the show - some weird sketches that were kind of funny, but no home runs.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Definitely wanted more out of the PWB episode. Wasn’t awful but they really didn’t take advantage.

7. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Cold opening and we've got 3 cameos already. Looks like Woody is now the de facto Biden, and nice touch with Lin Manuel as Julian Castro.

8. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

The Grouch: so horribly amazing and wonderful.

Reminded me when they mixed Super Mario and Grand Theft Auto on Robot Chicken.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. DanOregon

The Grouch is an all-timer. I knew something was up when Oscar's co-worker's nametag read "Grover."So well done.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I think Phoebe is brilliant, so I'm almsot afraid to watch her SNL turn.

12. DanOregon

Would have been a better episode if she wrote it.

OscarMadison and sgreenwell like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted