1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Meghan McCain Blasts Pro-Trump Massacre Video

it is a shame that the democrat party will not nominate john kasich and leave meghan with no choice but to vote for trump again

TowelWaver and garrow like this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

One thought, too, on the concept of "sin." It's not a deficit of one person to another, but one person to God. Original sin, for example, belongs to Adam, not Eve, because Adam's sin was against God.

So when people talk of things being "sinful," I mean, it's in reference to whatever religious creator you want to cite. If you wanna cite the Christian God, for example, you don't have to listen to me or even ask me. Read it yourself. If you don't like it or don't agree with it, you kinda have a choice to make:

One, you can decide that God isn't really God, and so who gives a shit what God says.

Two, you can decide that God is God, and while some of what God says is pretty inconvenient and offensive to every human life, he's God, so you effort to learn, over time, why you should obey and how to do so, knowing you won't ace that test.

Three, you can decide God is God, and all the inconvenient/offensive parts that affect your politics were merely misinterpreted and the fault of human error.

Four, you can decide God is God, and all the inconvenient/offensive parts might be true, but it's just too hard and hurtful to people you can about to act on those things, or even believe those things, and you become angry at God for allowing all the pain and confusion.

Five, you can decide God is God, and all the inconvenient/offensive parts might be true, but you'll be one person with the people who'd agree with that, and another person with the people who wouldn't, filing it under "all things to all people."

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Six, "Or you're just a bigot!"

[/sj.com]

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't know who he is either, but he makes a lot of sense on many fronts. He did a three-parter on gun control that's as good an analysis as I've seen, and it comes from an ex-military southern gun guy. He avoids all of the traps that make the gun guys automatically disregard the speaker, and he cuts to the heart of the problem. I like him a lot, not that I follow him that closely. I found the gun control set after seeing the one I posted.

Edit: I grabbed the Mini-14 image he refers to in video one, with an extension. It also has the guts of a Mini-14 with assault rifle furniture replacing the traditional wood stock. It is worthy of note that the Mini-14 was not illegal under the first Assault Rifle Ban, which was his point. A Mini-14 is functionally the same as an AR. (To be completely accurate, it's design copies that of an M-14, the Army issue battle rifle that the M-16 replaced, downsized from 30-06 to .223) That legislation banned guns based on cosmetics and a scary appearance/reputation. That's a major reason that the gun crowd says that such legislation is ineffective - and they're right. It can be end run easily.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Stoney likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Or Seven. God is God and the inconvenient/offensive parts were not just misinterpreted and are not a result of human error, but were deliberately interpreted into being inconvenient/offensive by humans who had their own biases, prejudices and agendas.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    franticscribe and outofplace like this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

A sentient deity is a man made social construct. A complete fiction. Sin is a concept of authoritarian oppression since it is not derived from the consent of the people.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Trump say/tweet anything about the media/murder video or just “the White House condemns.”

I’d bet serious folding money the incompetent asshole has watched it with glee a dozen times.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But Spicey is on DWTS! Where are your priorities?

garrow likes this.
  9. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

So you do believe that homosexuality is sinful?

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That’s basically No. 1

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Right. So No. 1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.