1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 6 NFL Thread: Cliff Stoudt edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I know. Believe me, I know.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Great to see Bush back on the field for Pittsburgh. Don’t wanna see Matakevich getting too many snaps at ML.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Don't look now, but the Steelers may find a way to blow this one after all. The defense seems to be gassed and the offense can't do much of anything this half.

The Steelers' coaches opened the door by calling a pass down the field on the last drive. They were moving the ball with short stuff, but took a shot that was intercepted. Sure, it was a bad decision by Hodges, but I blame the coaches for putting the rookie in that position. I say coaches because I'm sure offensive coordinator Randy Fichner called the play, but Mike Tomlin could have told him to play it conservatively.

5. CD Boogie

Not sure what game you’re watching but Snell has been running the ball well this half and theyre still up two scores with 4 plus left.

6. outofplace

I'm watching the Chargers just cut the lead to seven points and they have three time-outs remaining. If they can force a three-and-out, which seems likely at this point, they can get the ball back with plenty of time to score.

It didn't help that Minkah Fitzpatrick dropped what should have been the game-clinching interception.

7. outofplace

Rivers kept on trying to throw that game-clinching interception. The Steelers finally caught it after having two go off their hands.

8. CD Boogie

Steelers win, Henny Penny OOP is wrong again

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's kind of a hilarious "F You" to the Chargers when the Steelers QB starts his post game interview with "Well, I don't know that you can really call this a road game..."

10. outofplace

The Chargers got the ball with enough time to rally. Happily, Rivers threw it away, but you were clearly wrong when you claimed there was no cause for concern.

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

9-7 makes the playoffs in the AFC.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

The Chargers moving to L.A. remains the worst move in the modern era to me. Absolutely no momentum to do see, no real fan support, and everyone knew it was an awful idea at the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted