1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 6 NFL Thread: Cliff Stoudt edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 8, 2019.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It may not happen tonight, but the Chargers' offensive line is going to get Philip Rivers hurt.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Gregg Williams blitzes on every single passing down yet the Jets have only gotten 5 sacks in 5 games.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think a lot of qbs found out they can put their homes on the market after today.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The center being out doesn't help. And if they get Rivers hurt, they're screwed. (I won't be too happy, either ... the best quarterback my school ever produced ... not Russell, not Roman Gabriel ... )

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

They do have Tyrod Taylor as a back-up - he's not chopped liver.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

If only he could have beaten Maryland, even once.

7. outofplace

I'm certainly not rooting for an injury, but their line does not look good. They may have gotten a break with Stephon Tuitt leaving the game for the Steelers. The Steelers are thin up front. They only kept two reserve defensive linemen active for this game.

8. outofplace

The Chargers' offensive line somehow lost track of a 6-foot-7, 350-pound nose tackle on that drive, letting him charge in on Rivers untouched.

9. Hope Bush is Ok.
    God Burns is/remains terrible. With Nelson out,if Rivers gets some protection the Steelers could be in trouble.
    Love the Pittsburgh West crowd.

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

That’s scary. Rivers could have gotten killed.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yet the geniuses at College Park fired Fridge - when he was the reigning ACC Coach of the Year. Smart crowd in athletics administration there ...

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Debbie Yow proved that women as athletic directors are treated equally as men since she’s as big a dumb fucking asshole as any man who ever held the job. And she get rehired after she drove Maryland into a compete decade long cesspool

Draft saved Draft deleted