1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies you've never seen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Interesting that Pixar films are not mentioned in this thread. Either people have seen all of them or don’t give a shit.

I feel about 90 percent of them should be required viewing.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

While not an unqualified success IMO, it is well worth a try, unlike many other Tarantino movies.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The "problem" with Pixar films is that they're all so good and come out every year or so - makes it hard for any one or two of them to stand out. My top three would be Up, Toy Story and The Incredibles.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There are quite a few good ones, though I'd go with Finding Nemo over Up. I love the beginning and end of the latter, but I don't care for the middle.

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Ratatouille
    Inside Out
    Toy Story

I might even suggest the foodie craze in America kicked off with the perfect storm of the Food Network and Ratatouille.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Never seen ANY Pixar movie.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

My then wife-to-be and I saw "Titanic" together at a midnight premiere in a sold-out big-screen theater.

As the ship cruised toward disaster, several girls in the front row screamed, "my god, they're going to hit the iceberg!"

:eek::eek:

I Should Coco, maumann and swingline like this.
  8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

"Apollo 13" in a theater. Younger boy with his father during the launch scene, "Dad! The rocket's coming apart!"

Yep, that's how we did it in prehistoric America, son. Kept the dinosaurs from hitching a ride into space.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

same here.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Proposed:

Wall-E is the greatest romantic comedy of this century.

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Of all of the movies I haven't seen....the two I definitely need to see the most are Pulp Fiction and Animal House.

Draft saved Draft deleted