1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 7

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Oct 7, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I realize "just have to win out" includes a win over Bama or LSU - and even if they won today and lost the SEC title game, it probably would have depended on a Ohio State or Oklahoma loss to get in to the playoff coming off a loss. Only Bama could lose a title game at this point and still know they would get in.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Way too early to say that. What if Florida runs the table and wins the title game and Ohio St, Oklahoma and Clemson all go undefeated? Highly unlikely outcome (might be inoperative at midnight tonight) but still in play. For that matter, what if LSU beats Alabama and Tide doesn't even MAKE the title game?

3. DanOregon

Clemson won't be going undefeated. They already lost to NC. As for Alabama not making the SEC title game, see 2011.

4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Actually, Clemson beat North Carolina 21-20 and is 5-0, but it felt like a loss.

5. DanOregon

So much so I counted it as one. :mad:

Okay - Undefeated SEC, Undefeated Big 10, Undefeated Clemson, Undefeated Oklahoma, One-Loss SEC champ is my top 5 at the end of the year.
    The ACC is so bad, one loss by Clemson might take them out, defending champs or not.

6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Because Georgia still has Florida and Auburn left, two of those three will have two conference losses (providing the Gators get whacked by LSU tonight), not even counting the Iron Bowl.

LSU still has AU and UA. The Elephants have two Tigers left.

I'm rooting for a two-loss SEC rep, just to see what happens to the Bowl Playoffs committee then. Heads would explode.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So CBS just had its token honoring of a player from each team with a good grade point average and cited the A&M punter, who graduated in August but still has eligibility. His major was, I kid you not, "Sports Conditioning." He has a degree in working out!! How awesome is that?

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It will take them out. They're going to go to the committee with zero Top-25 wins barring some wacky stuff.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Also 2017. Two of Alabama's national championships under Saban came in years when they didn't even win the SEC West.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I've heard bad color guys on TV before.
    Shane Vereen may be the worst.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Tech v Baylor was a lot more fun to watch when it was Briles v Kingsbury.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted