1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

They'll drop it weekly. That's what they're doing for Star Trek Discovery.

2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Everyone wants to get those streaming dollars, and they put this stuff out there to get it. I'm going to wait until all the Picard episodes out and then subscribe for a month and binge it. I'd do that with Hulu and Netflix, too, but there's enough other stuff to keep me around and using them. Doubt CBS All Access would be able to. Not with me already paying for Netflix, Hulu Plus, AT&T TV Now (so we can get live sports and my wife can watch Hallmark Channel movies and local channels). And I'll be adding Disney+. Still cheaper than cable by a lot, but every service makes it much less so.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You can always rotate the 30 day free trials with various services. Just be sure to kill them before month two starts.

5. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Most of the live streaming services have changed to 7 day trials now. At least the major ones have.

6. Neutral Corner

Been a while for us. We have Hulu Live, Amazon, and Netflix, and so we have more than we have time to watch.

I guess seven days is enough to stream a season of something you're interested in, but thirty was a lot easier.

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Thirty was definitely better. I think regular Hulu might still be a 30-day trial, but Live is seven days. I know CBS All Access is just seven days. I checked it last week because I was wondering if I could watch all of Picard during a trial lol.

8. Neutral Corner

That's one I might try myself. ;)

JRoyal likes this.
  9. outofplace

Less than a week until Disney+ goes live. They really are going to have a lot of great Geek content between Marvel and Star Wars. I mentioned elsewhere that I'm looking forward to checking out The Mandalorian, but I'm also excited to see some of the old Marvel animated stuff, just to see how it holds up. The X-Men series from the '90s will be there, as will Wolverine and the X-Men, which lasted only one season on Nicktoons. I didn't have the channel, so I still haven't seen all of it, though I found most of the episodes on YouTube. It was really well done if you are into that sort of thing.

10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I can't wait to watch the X-Men cartoon again. That and the new shows are probably what I'm most excited for. Wish they had one of the Marvel series ready for the launch, but I'll be fine waiting for those thanks to the Mandalorian.

11. outofplace

Did you ever see Wolverine and the X-Men? It is probably better. At the very least, I imagine it holds up better. The X-Men series from the '90s actually got me reading superhero comics on a regular basis, but I'm not sure how well it will hold up. I know the final episodes suffered from a big drop-off in quality.

12. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Wolverine and the X-Men was quality stuff. X-Men Evolution wasn't horrible, either.

I'm sure there will be things in the '90s X-Men series that will be cheesy, but I don't care. It's about the nostalgia for me as much as anything. A lot of the voice acting was horrible from what I remember.

Draft saved Draft deleted