1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 6 NFL Thread: Cliff Stoudt edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 8, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Some end up making more from the London game than they would at home. It is interesting seeing which teams volunteer for it - a lot more west coast teams than you would think some northeast teams would do more. Incl. Mexico game, AFC/NFC East - 12, South 18 (Jags skew the number, North 11, West 20.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Only GB hasn't gone to London

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

I
    Did Putney ever pan out as a special teams player?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sometimes intelligent people do dumb things. Sherman is not a dumb guy, but there has been an occasion or two when his mouth ran ahead of his brain.

6. heyabbott

He’s probably not dumb, but for a man of his age, wealth, education and privilege over the last 8 years, you’d think he’d be mature. And running his mouth, loudly and with vindictiveness all while lying is the immature action of a small person. And it’s fine, if he didn’t get played up like he was Myron Rolle.

7. I'll take the over.

He's an asshole.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What’s you excuse?

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Fairly certain they will go soon. I thought I remembered hearing that the NFL was requiring every team to go over at least once. Not give up a home game, but go over once.

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Even the Lions, who have been to London twice, didn’t give up a home game
    Falcons and Chiefs were the home teams

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You'll get no argument from me. I'm just trying to think of specific incidents and I didn't feel like putting in the effort to go beyond what I could remember.

12. heyabbott

Giants could lose by 50 tonight. Brady will sit the 4th quarter.

NFL Network replayed the 2008 Super Bowl last night. Belichick has aged alot in 11 years. Rodney Harrison, Tedy Bruschi and Randy Moss, all commentators now, had pretty underwhelming games, and they certainly have developed amnesia about that game . It was fun to watch. Giants basically did to Brady what the older Giants teams did to Montana, they beat the hell out of him.

Draft saved Draft deleted