1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Succession thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Webster, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I thought that Kendall falling head over heels for the girl then ghosting her showed his impulsive and reckless behavior more than anything. The need for daddy approval was the cherry on top.

Very good, but not great, episode — my nits were that: 1) I just don’t see Logan being enamored sexually by anyone to the point of jeopardizing his company; 2) Rhea would have researched Logan’s sister; 3) given how rich they are, Connor’s money issues over the play seem odd; and 4) Marsha leaving seemed abrupt. Her character was so interesting last year and kind of just around this season.

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

If, like me, you can’t get L to the O-G out of your head...

“Therefore, we’re going to go through Kendall’s “L to the OG” and break down each verse for both context and how much each of them made me want to curl up in a ball and die. Hit it, DJ Squiggle.”

The Definitive Analysis of Kendall Roy’s Rap From ‘Succession’

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  3. Webster

My kids are already sick of me inserting L to O-G in every conversation

4. Webster

Kendall rapping vs Tom testifying. Which was more mortifying?

All 3 kids did well. My theory on the blood sacrifice is that Greg(ory) told Logan about what documents he has and somehow it will be used to take down Kendall (not Tom).

5. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

The moment in Logan's testimony where he surprisingly placed the spotlight on Kendall would play into that theory.

The surprise of the episode for me was Roman's moment of competence. It seems like they gave all three kids a strong episode to make them seem like plausible candidates for Logan to name CEO.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

My vote for Kendall as the blood sacrifice. Still have to be underlying rage over his coup attempt.

Webster likes this.
  7. Webster

I don’t think that Logan wants to any of them to take over. He just has reasons why they shouldn’t.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I see this thread title, and always think someone started another political thread.

9. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

If they want to go full King Lear—which would fit Logan's temperamental ramblings—then it could be Logan who goes.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I felt there was a hint toward that in the preview for next week.

My favorite part of last week was Connor's reactions behind Logan and Kendall.

11. Webster

My wife thinks this is a long con between Logan and Kendall to win the proxy vote.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

That was a damn fine hour of TV and a great season finale. Count me as one who believes this is what Logan wanted. He knew he had to take the hit. Now, how it plays next, no idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted