1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Fake News."

[​IMG]

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The only plausible way to get rid of FATUS is to vote him out.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Sure, with the Russians, Ukrainians, Saudis, and North Koreans involved.......

[​IMG]

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

So now Russians and Ukrainians are agreeing on things?

Can't keep up here. :)

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

This quote has all the hallmarks: Hillary reference, "we'll see what happens," claiming things are easy, attacks on the media, lies, hogging credit, "people are saying".........

PRESIDENT TRUMP: The easiest thing for me to do — and maybe it’s even a natural instinct, maybe I have to hold myself back. I remember during the debates, and when I was running against Hillary and the Democrats and the media — I view them all the same; I view that partnership very much the same.But when I was running, everybody said, “Oh, he’s going to get into war. He’s going to get into war. He’s going to blow everybody up. He’s going to get into war.” Well, the easiest thing I can do — in fact, I could do it while you’re here –would say, “Go ahead, fellas. Go do it.” And that would be a very bad day for Iran. That’s the easiest thing I could do. It’s so easy. And for all of those that say, “Oh, they should do it. It shows weakness. It shows…” Actually, in my opinion, it shows strength. Because the easiest thing I could do, “Okay, go ahead. Knock out 15 different major things in Iran.” I could do that and — all set to go. It’s all set to go. But I’m not looking to do that if I can. And I think I’ve changed a lot of minds. People are very surprised that — and many people are extremely happy. Many people are thrilled. And many people are saying, “Oh, I wish you’d hit the hell the out of them.” Well, let’s see what happens. But it will take place in one minute; I could do it right here in front of you and that would be it. And then you’d have a nice, big story to report. And I think it shows far more strength to do it the way we’re doing it. And again, whether it’s next week or two weeks or three weeks doesn’t make any difference. Whether it’s now or in three weeks doesn’t make any difference. But I think the strong person’s approach and the thing that does show strength would be showing a little bit of restraint. Much easier to do it the other way. It’s much easier.And Iran knows if they misbehave, they’re on borrowed time. They’re not doing well. I’d like to see them do great. I’d love to see them do great, but they’re not doing well. They’re doing very poorly. They’re doing far worse than they’ve ever done before. They’re having riots in their streets. They’re having a lot of problems in Iran right now. They could solve it very quickly. But the easiest thing for me to do is say, “Okay, let’s go. Let’s just do it.” Very easy for me to do. But it is interesting, because when I was campaigning, everybody here thought that I was going to be like — it would be one day. But what I have done is I’ve defeated ISIS, I’ve rebuilt our military to a level that it’s never been before, spent a lot of money. The budgets are not so hard to fix for me, but when you’re spending one and a half trillion [dollars], so far. Now, another $738 million — billion — on the military. But think of it: one and a half trillion dollars. And we have the greatest in the world. But I think restraint is a good thing. I think it’s a good thing.

Remarks by President Trump and Prime Minister Morrison of Australia Before Bilateral Meeting | The White House

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

My God, try to decipher that mush.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Soft as a sneaker full of shit.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

America, you elected the worst man in the world president.

Discuss.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Time well-spent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.